AVIC411.com

Keeper 3.0 Mod - 07-29-09 UPDATE

I AM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR UNIT, PLEASE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE DOING MODS YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS!

I have been playing around with 3.0 and mad a skin and included some mods. I am not sure why a lot of the other guys are not making mods for 3.0 yet, because it is very similar to 2.0, maybe burnt out but anyway here is mine.

Here is what is changed as far as I can remember

Moved the graphics around so nothing over laps, which included highway signs. (why does pioneer do that)

Linear compass

Press compass to change view (2d north, 2d, and 3d)

Used a font I like

Well you will see from the pictures, a lot has changed and all the function is still there. Install it and poke around to figure everything out. I am trying to get some of Stanislavovich's mods from 2.0 to work on 3.0. I am having some success. If you are the kind of person that likes to dig around and make mods yourself you will see some code that is commented out pertaining to that. It will not affect this mod but I am testing on my own unit, that is why it is in there. Feel free to change any thing you want and always post any changes you make so we can all learn from them, and let me know what you like and dislike about mine.

Oh I almost forgot -

.zip

post-22402-12872758023321_thumb.jpg

post-22402-12872758023878_thumb.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the zip file attached for a mod only or is it the actual 3.0 firmaware?

I opened your zip file and found the pioneer.ini so that I can change the speed setting (my hardware mod did not work).

I downloaded 2.0 update as well as the test code before but could not locate this file.

thought I would ask before I bother trying to install myself.

any special instructions?

Thanks

Breaking my months of lurking.

This mod encourages me to proclaim that I am walking down to install right now on my 3.010100

Ive flashed my system countless times and never have "bricked" my system like come on this board proclaim. Sure have had issues but I can always come back and READ.. to figure my issues out with the help of the topics already posted on this awesome resource. Thanks Keeper for stepping it up!

hello all i have installed this mod and it looks great. thank you keeper. i cant wait till you or idt do what yall did the last time. i found one thing that may be a worry. everything does good untill you play the sd card. it plays the music but you have no control of it. the screen does no respond. as meaning when you push the track forward or track back nothing, or push the list button, map any thing on the face. i dont know much but i dont think its your mod? dunno though. i was reading that the new update was to take care of the sd card stuff. just a note when i saw this small bug i did not upgrade to the 3.01 just to be safe. like i said everything else works. and if the 3.0 does not work ill just go back to the old 2.06. what do you guys think? and one more thing will the red theme i used on the 2.06 will work. it just changed the top menu to red(supers mod) it did not mess with any navi stuff? thanks again guys!!

The navigation mute and the delete route buttons do not work when the car is moving. I do not have the vehicle bypass because my wife will watch movies while driving and kill the whole family. Can this be changed? Thank you.

Time to soft-mod your system.

There are countless posts on this.

Open your data.zip file in winrar and edit the system.ini file under the project_config filder.

Make the change from

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=16.0

hide_logos=1

to

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=256.0

hide_logos=1

and you are good