AVIC411.com

Keeper 3.0 Mod - 07-29-09 UPDATE

Keeper, I tried to change the brake speed as you suggest, but once again, all my system ever does is reboot.

Can you please add the 256 to your pioneer.ini file.

go to the keeper plus speedcam thread and go to page 1 scroll towards the bottom and look for my post about the 4 mods in one zip and download it it has keepers pluss speedcam plus software bypass plus carvers nag screen mod in there just need to follow directions.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeper, I tried to change the brake speed as you suggest, but once again, all my system ever does is reboot.

Can you please add the 256 to your pioneer.ini file.

go to the keeper plus speedcam thread and go to page 1 scroll towards the bottom and look for my post about the 4 mods in one zip and download it it has keepers pluss speedcam plus software bypass plus carvers nag screen mod in there just need to follow directions.

FYI-

I have tried all of the mods to add in the speed limit signs with current speed (from the FAQ thread) as well as maverickster's version of the current speed mod. Neither of them even show up on the screen. I also tried the house number mod and that didnt work either. Not sure if its because they are 2.0 mods and don't work with the 8.3 iGo or if they are incompatible with Keepers mods. Could also just be the fact that I tried my own mod of the navigatemapXXX.ui file for the first time and it just downright did not work. :P

I did however get the custom branded icons to work with Keepers (actually adam's version of keepers) mods.

hey keeper ive done your mod and it looks good. i noticed on your first pic not alot of street names are present. mine looks the same. i have messed with the zoom. but the four way no longer comes out on your mod when you tap the screen. in 2.0 we could adjust the clip_plane ini. man im not complaining im just trying to dig deeper into this endeaver. thanks alot

hey keeper ive done your mod and it looks good. i noticed on your first pic not alot of street names are present. mine looks the same. i have messed with the zoom. but the four way no longer comes out on your mod when you tap the screen. in 2.0 we could adjust the clip_plane ini. man im not complaining im just trying to dig deeper into this endeaver. thanks alot

clip_planes.ini did not come with any of the Pioneer units. Those that had it were, either manually added, or was added by someone sharing their zip.

Not sure about 3.0 but you try to add a clip_planes.ini to the common folder.

See this thread, specifically the first post that has clip_plane settings and the last post post for suggested road sign settings. YMMV.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21572

If that doesn't work try adding it directly into a color scheme.

FYI-

I have tried all of the mods to add in the speed limit signs with current speed (from the FAQ thread) as well as maverickster's version of the current speed mod. Neither of them even show up on the screen. I also tried the house number mod and that didnt work either. Not sure if its because they are 2.0 mods and don't work with the 8.3 iGo or if they are incompatible with Keepers mods. Could also just be the fact that I tried my own mod of the navigatemapXXX.ui file for the first time and it just downright did not work. :P

I did however get the custom branded icons to work with Keepers (actually adam's version of keepers) mods.

it might be that the speed limit is not available on the part of your street that's why it's not showing up, try driving to a major highway and see if something comes up, i haven't tried adding it yet on my mod but i don't think it'll be a problem as so far i'm pretty much just copy/pasting my previous mod to the 3.0

Hi Jörg,

I got confirmation from Pioneer that TMC doesn't work in Finland, as it has to be licensed from service provider (Destia) and Pioneer hasn't licensed it yet, maybe in future. Also, Pioneer support told me that in Germany TMC service provider is using same encryption with TMC as in Finland, and GPS manufacturers have to buy license from service provider, do you know if its true? Therefore I might be able to hack TMC to work in Finland too. Process might be this simple:

1. Locate where TMC decryption key is saved in Avic system files

2. Copy key value from any other GPS system that has been licensed to work in Finland

I will start this project comparing 2.7 updates downloaded from German site and EU site, to check if there's any differences, of course its possible that TMC license file is not located in those updates. Jörg; have you upgraded your Avic to 3.0 version using APL2-folder located in ftp.turboss.com -site?

You have to look into your Sys.txt

first line should be

[device]

type="PIONEER746EW"

I assume your device thinks it is an US model at the moment

Had the same Problem when implementing US mods under 2.0

let me know if it works

Jörg

FYI-

it might be that the speed limit is not available on the part of your street that's why it's not showing up, try driving to a major highway and see if something comes up, i haven't tried adding it yet on my mod but i don't think it'll be a problem as so far i'm pretty much just copy/pasting my previous mod to the 3.0

I understand but current speed, elevation, etc are not showing up either. Nothing is. Even if the posted speed limit is not shown the current speed should always be there even if you are not moving.

It looks like that with iGo 8.3 you have to use different code for displaying f.ex. speed limit signs. I tried to google with variable name "navigation.current_speed_limit" thats used when displaying speed limit signs and find this code example in other forum: http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?p=417615#417615

in 2.0 mods code was:

phasemodel="navigation.current_speed_limit"

in ppcwarez-forum code was:

textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed_limit.number_text"

So that's propably first change that should be done when converting speed limit sign codes to v3. I'm too busy to test this myself before weekend, but feel free to try it :)

It looks like that with iGo 8.3 you have to use different code for displaying f.ex. speed limit signs. I tried to google with variable name "navigation.current_speed_limit" thats used when displaying speed limit signs and find this code example in other forum: http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?p=417615#417615

in 2.0 mods code was:

phasemodel="navigation.current_speed_limit"

in ppcwarez-forum code was:

textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed_limit.number_text"

So that's propably first change that should be done when converting speed limit sign codes to v3. I'm too busy to test this myself before weekend, but feel free to try it :)

Hmmm... this is interesting because the code that I used appears to be 8.3 then, that is unless you posted these backwards. The code I used was this:

;Display Posted Speed Limit

And nothing came up... :(

Hmm...only difference between your code and PPCWarez-code is that inside SPRITE-tag you have set variable phasemodel="navigation.current_speed_limit" but that variable is completely missing in PPCwarez example, could that be the problem?

Oddly enough this is what IDT used in his 4.2 mods for 2.0:

;Current clocked speed

Yet his shows speed when not in route. lol. I think I need a list of accepted variables and I could get this to work. Keeper, if you are still reading this; how did you find out what the accepted variables are that you can enter into your configs? Seems like there is "gps.XXXX_XXX", "navigation.XXX"_XXX", "map.XXX_XXX", "poi.XXX_XXX" and they all have flags you can pass them. Is this in a FAQ someplace that I have missed?

OK I have the road signs complete. This is an extension of Adam's and tail24's mods by keeper with my additions to their additions. What you get is:

Current Speed when cruising and in route

Current Elevation when cruising and in route

Posted speed when cruising and in route (when available)

Speed cams

Navigation warning removal for most screens

Branding icons

Vblues red diamond branding icon fix

All of Keepers mods

This is everything included so read the enclosed instructions:

EDIT: File updated. DATA.zip had a problem when being compressed but all is working now.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ojunnzlmz ... mbined.rar

Not navigating:

photo1wft.jpg

Navigating:

photonig.jpg