AVIC411.com

Z110BT Pleasant surprise "Radio Data System" (RDS)

I just called Pioneer asking about why RDS was not documented in the manual and they had no idea it had it. The basic FM stations that broadcast RDS will display correctly on the screen. It will even show up as now playing when on the Map screen.

Big Surprise, besides that. What a Wonderful System!

Oh don't get me wrong, I believe you. I just can't believe that Pioneer doesn't know it's there. I mean it's THEIR product... how the hell did they not know that they programmed it in??

They make good products but their lack of inner-communication and tech support leaves much to be desired.

I guess the funny thing is that the manual does not even reference it. The only place that does is the news release that originally did and all of the sites have just copied and pasted the statement.

It seems like such a good feature did not get a little more focus. I know it is small feature but it is one that Pioneer has been missing.

Cool, nice find. Ya I am guessing that not being in the documentation is why the CSR didn't know about it. A lot of tech support start by going over the documentation then gain knowledge as they go. And having to do some product documentation I know what a pain it can be. Actually I have felt Pioneer's documentation is pretty good compared to some I have seen.