AVIC411.com

Were you successful in upgrading to 3.01?

Were you succesful in upgrading to 3.01?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Were you succesful in upgrading to 3.01?

• Yes - works 100%
    • No - 3.0 works fine but 3.01 causes problems
    • No - I couldn't get 3.0 to work
    • I haven't tried installing 3.01 yet

Sorry all but I did some searching and can't seem to find the answer to this here. What exactly is the 3.01 update? Pioneer hasn't even shipped the 3.0 update and yet there's already another one publicly available? Again my apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. All I can find is references to 3.01, not an explanation of what it is or what it's good for. Thanks!

Sorry all but I did some searching and can't seem to find the answer to this here. What exactly is the 3.01 update? Pioneer hasn't even shipped the 3.0 update and yet there's already another one publicly available? Again my apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. All I can find is references to 3.01, not an explanation of what it is or what it's good for. Thanks!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 10BT?tab=F

The 3.01 does not install according to the pioneer instructions.

I placed the LPU folder on the sd card, inserted into stereo, powered up stereo but it justs boots up normal no - automatic update! should I start up the testmode and copy and paste? any tips?

maybe i need to take the files out of the LPU folder and place them on the sd card?

please help...

I placed the LPU folder on the sd card, inserted into stereo, powered up stereo but it justs boots up normal no - automatic update! should I start up the testmode and copy and paste? any tips?

maybe i need to take the files out of the LPU folder and place them on the sd card?

please help...

X2

I have had this problem 6 times. I have done mods and updates several time before seeing how i had one of the first f-series units. I did the 3.0 update4 times then tried to update with the pioneers 3.01 and no such luck.

please help...

All I did was to download 3.00 from this forum

download 3.01 from the pioneer web site

merge (copy and replace) the 2 file coping 3.01 files to the full 3.00 file

on the computer, to the proper folders

copy completed files to disc with testmode

load on to unit after updating Wince by formating

please help...

All I did was to download 3.00 from this forum

download 3.01 from the pioneer web site

merge (copy and replace) the 2 file coping 3.01 files to the full 3.00 file

on the computer, to the proper folders

copy completed files to disc with testmode

load on to unit after updating Wince by formating

So you just overwrote any 3.00 files in the flash folder with the equivalents from the 3.01 update? Interesting. Might have to try that. A complete 2.x -> 3.01 update with a single file copy (not counting WinCE) would simplify the procedure for a lot of people.

I was successful in upgrading to 3.010 and everything worked fine. I then did the speedcam mod and started getting an error when attempting to navigate and I could not get past the navigation address input. I went back and reapplied the 3.0 and then the 3.010. Been smooth sailing since. I am waiting for a complete mod package to roll out and be tested before I mess with the unit again.

• 2 months later...
I followed the mod in upgrading my f700bt from 2v to 3.0. When i upgrade to 3.01, my system gets stuck on the main menu with the sign saying "startup in progress. Please wait" I would wait and then it will reboot and then i'll get stuck again. Please help

That is what happened to me when installing the legit 3.0 update. I then installed the hacked update and all is good. I would say just to reinstall your backup and dont worry about the 3.01 update as there is not any really neccessary or noticeable improvements. I have 3.0 installed and it works like a charm, to me 3.01 is not really worthwhile!

I followed the mod in upgrading my f700bt from 2v to 3.0. When i upgrade to 3.01, my system gets stuck on the main menu with the sign saying "startup in progress. Please wait" I would wait and then it will reboot and then i'll get stuck again. Please help

I have exactly the same problem as you have...have you tried to update again to 3.01??? I have no idea what's wrong...maybe it's because I deleted all the old "My flash disk" content and also I'm from EU and trying to install a US version...don't know by the moment...