AVIC411.com

Ipod via Bluetooth or Pioneer Cable?

Hi stevecar,

You do not need the cable to play your ipone or ipod touch (2G) since you can use Bluetooth. "BUT", you loose all of the nice features of everything the iPod has. Think of the Bluetooth as an extended headset. It really does nothing but play the music through the stereo no information is displayed on the screen.

Since you are looking at getting a new tuner think about what channels you like more. NFL/NASCAR are only on Sirius and NHL/MLB are only on XM. You can pay an additional 5ish to get the "Best of" but I found it smarter to just pick what you want most.

XM and Sirius are the same company but they still offer 2 seperate services and use 2 different technologies so if you want Sirius you have to get a Sirius tuner and if you want XM you have to get an XM tuner. The channels are almost identical except for the "premium" channels (i.e. NFL, NHL, NBA, Howard Stern, Martha Stewart...etc) but as mentioned above these can be added to your service with the purchase of the "Best of" packages.

I believe both interfaces are exactly the same on the pioneer unit and the costs are exactly the same.

XM and Sirius are the same company but they still offer 2 seperate services and use 2 different technologies so if you want Sirius you have to get a Sirius tuner and if you want XM you have to get an XM tuner. The channels are almost identical except for the "premium" channels (i.e. NFL, NHL, NBA, Howard Stern, Martha Stewart...etc) but as mentioned above these can be added to your service with the purchase of the "Best of" packages.

I believe both interfaces are exactly the same on the pioneer unit and the costs are exactly the same.

Just to clarify on the above reply.

The XM interface is just one component and presently is a little nicer for display. The Sirius interface has the Pioneer unit and a separate Sirius interface also. I personally went with the Sirius unit so I could get NASCAR and NFL but that premium channel lineup should be the only reason you choose one over the other.

On my Chevy truck I was even able to use my existing XM antenna for my Sirius interface and it works without any problem.