AVIC411.com

Trouble with Voice Control

i read somewhere on pioneers site about the z110 and the 910 that 'ipod usage' may be limited. i dont know what that means, maybe not compatible with older ipods or something? not really sure, maybe somebody could chime in and enlighten us

The Voice Control issue has been fixed! Sort of. Upgraded the X910BT to 3.01 and corrected the address book issues mention in the forum. Now works much better, but not flawless. I have tried out the Microsoft/Ford SYNC technology and it works very well. Pioneer could learn something from that parnership. I believe the issue is with the Blackberry Bold, and not the X910BT. The bluetooth operation between the two could be much better. Address Book inport is a little weird, and pairing the Blackberry Bold to the X910BT could only be done from the BB not the AVIC :o . Strange, anyhow thanks to all who gave suggestions on how to make the Blackberry Bold work.

I have issues with my Verizon Venus from time to time. It says it's connected to the Pioneer Navi, but the phone steals control and I can't hear the person through my speakers, only through the phone's earpiece. No solution yet, just unpair and repair. Usually the problem fixes itself.

This was especially annoying before I applied the parking brake bypass since I would have to either do the repairing from my phone or park somewhere to access the phone settings from the HU. Now I can do it while I drive :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I posted a new thread before I realized there was one already started. I am having weird VR issues as well. Dialing contacts by voice seems to be pretty reiable. However, dialing my saying the number and ipod commands hardly work at all.

Let me start off by saying I work for an electronics shop and I have had an F900BT, F700BT, and now an X910BT in my personal car. I am very very familiar with these units and spend a lot of time browsing AVIC411. I am just looking to see if anyone is having the same issues I am.

With my F-series navs the VR worked perfectly. I could say "dial 703-555-1234" and it would. I could say "Play artist Rise Against" and it would. It was perfect.

Now, on my X910 it will say "Dial 703-555-1234" and it will say "Now calling 170-5288" or if i say "Play artist Rise Against" it will say "Showing all albums" or "Suffliing all songs. I might get closer and it will say "Showing artist Rise Against". I have tried it will different artists and albums and have the same issues. Very very very rarely will it do what i tell it to do. It is not a VR catelogging issue. I have recatalogged it numerous times and the fact that it works every 20th try means that it just isnt hearing me correctly.

I originally thought it was a bad microphone but it usually works when i say "Call Bob Smith" or "Call Tony Brown" and people can hear me fine on the other end during a bluetooth call so im thinking it may not be the mic.

It would amaze me if Pioneer changed the VR software since it seemed to work fine on the F-series. I just want to know if other people are haviing similar problems?