AVIC411.com

U310BT Parking Brake Bypass

Awesome, I'm the first to post any U310BT questions I guess.

So I just got my AVIC U310BT in the mail and am looking at the harness and trying to figure out how to do a parking break bypass. I've looked at all the other bypass guides, and I don't see a "mute"/yellow and black wire on this. There are also no removable pins, so moving the wires will be mighty hard.

Any ideas? Is there a software way to do it? I'm really just interested in being able to use navigation while driving.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, I'm the first to post any U310BT questions I guess.

So I just got my AVIC U310BT in the mail and am looking at the harness and trying to figure out how to do a parking break bypass. I've looked at all the other bypass guides, and I don't see a "mute"/yellow and black wire on this. There are also no removable pins, so moving the wires will be mighty hard.

Any ideas? Is there a software way to do it? I'm really just interested in being able to use navigation while driving.

so you cant just put the green to the black wire ?

it seems like all the navigation units, not just pioneer, claim to have improved on older methods, like double pulse sensing pb bypasses and such but ill put my money on using an empty slot on the harness to bypass the u310.

i get mine in a month so im sure somebody will have figured it out by then. yay, i love online communities

The parking break in a car connects to the ground, this is how it completes the circuit.

To bypass the parking break sensor just ground the parking break wire to the body. Don't buy a bypass kit, don't wase your time with complicated wiring just ground it.

This is what i did for mine, and it works just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm really just interested in being able to use navigation while driving.

Based on what I remember reading on pg9 in the instruction manual, the parking brake thing is so that the unit can ONLY function as navigation while the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off). Having a navigation system while the car is parked makes about as much sense as just having a paper map. Haha.

SO, that brings me to my next question.... If this unit doesn't play video, and is designed to have the navigation functional only while the vehicle is in motion, what features are NOT available while the parking brake isn't engaged...? the audio controls? I don't get it.

For those of you that have your devices installed and grounded the parking brake wire out, what features can you access while the car is in motion that you otherwise wouldn't be able to if installed correctly?

As with any in dash navigation systems, including OEM, you cannot search adresses, type them in, enter bluetooth contacts, pair phones, ect unless the vehicle is parked.

ah. I used to work for Acura and I was able to search/type addresses while moving but I never tried anything else.

Either way, if the solution is to just ground it, no big deal.

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm that grounding it works. I just twisted the green parking brake wire into the wire nut that connects the ground wire from the hardness and the ground wire from the adapter.

The "Connections" section under "Settings" confirms that the parking brake is permanently on.

It works for now but as soon as your unit fully calibrates you will probably get locked out again. That has been the case in the past. Give it another 200 miles or so and then report back.This may be the correct bypass sense the 310 is actually a portable nav unit but I wouldn't bet on it.

Mine was grounded for over a month, well more than 200 miles. It works just fine. I drive about 60 miles round trip a day just for work alone.There is also no calibration option/settings on the U310, just a very simple deck for the price. It is not a portable nav either, there is no GPS antenna built into the detachable face. You can power it up independently to bring it in the house to hook up to avic feeds, or search addresses and plan routes in the house instead of sitting in the car.

Just pulled it out yesterday for a z110, which most definetly needs the relocation of the mute wire.