AVIC411.com

just got it installed

typically, you do not need to put a GPS antenna on the outside of the car. usually on top of the dash, in the corner will work just fine. sometimes you can even hide it under the dash but that isnt always the best choice.

i do not believe this unit has A2DP for bluetooth music, but the 2G iphone doesnt have A2DP either unless i am mistaken. i believe only the 3GS iphone has A2DP.

I read the manual, they state if we want to keep the GPS antenna inside over plastic, we need to use that silly shiny metal under the antenna. It makes it look ugly.

As per A2DP, iPhone 2G is one of several phones I have(I have multitude of 3G devices, many win mobile devices). Also planning to upgrade to 3GS soon anyways for daily use phone.

it seems to only do it after the car has been sitting for a while. It freezes every morning when i first start it to leave for work, but if i stop to get gas and turn the car off, pump gas for a few minutes and turn the car back on it's fine. I drive to work, it sits for 8+ hrs and needs to be reset again.

this wasn't really a big deal to me at first until i realized that all of my audio settings drop when i do a soft reset. :(

i spent a good hour tweaking the audio settings only to learn they all get wiped out when i do a reset. my bluetooth settings, home, favorites and such all stay though. weird.

Sorry to hear that it freezes pretty much every time. Did you get a chance to call Pioneer?

Based on symptoms you mentioned, it seem something to do with battery in that detachable screen. May be it is not holding the charge, and that is causing issue?

You can try this, bring that detachable screen to inside home, keep charging whole night, and check next morning if it still freezes after install the screen.

it seems to only do it after the car has been sitting for a while. It freezes every morning when i first start it to leave for work, but if i stop to get gas and turn the car off, pump gas for a few minutes and turn the car back on it's fine. I drive to work, it sits for 8+ hrs and needs to be reset again.

this wasn't really a big deal to me at first until i realized that all of my audio settings drop when i do a soft reset. :(

i spent a good hour tweaking the audio settings only to learn they all get wiped out when i do a reset. my bluetooth settings, home, favorites and such all stay though. weird.

Sorry to hear that it freezes pretty much every time. Did you get a chance to call Pioneer?

Based on symptoms you mentioned, it seem something to do with battery in that detachable screen. May be it is not holding the charge, and that is causing issue?

You can try this, bring that detachable screen to inside home, keep charging whole night, and check next morning if it still freezes after install the screen.

I think it has something to do with the power on/off procedure. I expected to see the Pioneer splash screen and have to touch the 'OK' button every time I turn the car on, much like other navigation systems. When I turn my car on the navi screen comes up right away, even if i had it in the audio mode when i turned it off. the clock displays correctly and i'm able to control the audio but nothing changes on the screen and the clock is stuck at whatever time it displayed when i first turned it on. Something is causing the unit to not power down correctly, methinks.

i wonder if it's because I grounded the e-brake wire. meh.

My unit works fine. Just like littlebr4d, I get the map coming up most of the time when I start the car, so I don't think that's the issue. I will say that when it starts up the unit is unresponsive (takes a while to process requests), but doesn't "freeze" in a permanent sense, and becomes responsive again once it's acquired the satellites and the car gets moving.

I'm sorry to hear about the freezing problems other people have experienced. It sounds like a problem with the unit, and I'm at a loss on how to fix it. :(

EDIT: I also grounded the e-brake.

Mine started up the same way. The deck only needs to boot up is when it is reset, same with the OK button.

If you want to reboot the deck without losing audio settings, hit the Eject SD button.

maybe i'm just a little slow, but i don't see any 'eject SD' button. the only thing i can find that is even close is just popping the dummy card physically out of the face plate. the only eject button i see is the one to eject a CD.

I just installed mine too. Funny, I also never see the splash screen. My unit just starts up immediately from the moment my truck is started. I too have my ebrake wire grounded... As far as locking up, I have only had an issue with the BT locking in the "off" mode. Pushing the reset button and all is well. Of course the bummer is having to reset ALL the audio funtions. Next time I have a " freeze" I will try the "SD Eject" option..

But again, NO SPLASH SCREEN.....humm. :shock:

Superjet:

I've went through the process of disconnecting sd, usb, ipod, bluetooth... and still it freezes when it wants to. Even a reset to factory defaults didn't help out either.

I tested running the unit without the battery in... even then no luck. It stayed at the "system preparing" screen.