AVIC411.com

Street labels

Is there a chance that anyone would be kind enough to post a file with the script already in place, with instructions where to drop it in? I just don't quite feel bold enough to start editing code (although thanks to all the posts in this forum, I'm getting very close :)

I am a little puzzled as to why this new version 3.01 does not display a horizon or street labels as the older out-of-the-box v2.0 AVIC did???

What am I missing??

Thanks for all positive comments and help in advance.

PS: In case anyone wonders...YES, I have been reading and searching this forum extensively until my eyes are fuzzy, my marriage in jeopardy, and my head is spinning. There is so much fragmented info it gets hard to pull together some times. I guess it's the nature of the beast with forums like these. Oh well, nothing wrong with a little brain exercise now and then, is there? I do appreciate the work of those who are FAR brighter than I am!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone noticed that the more you tilt to vertical the more streets show up in 3d mode? I'm still trying to figure out the correct clip_planes setting based on my default tiltmax of 7300. I guess the question is as you tilt to vertical does the 2d settings take affect even though you're in 3d mode. It is a gradual process also. Any help with a good clip_plane setting?

has anyone noticed that the more you tilt to vertical the more streets show up in 3d mode? I'm still trying to figure out the correct clip_planes setting based on my default tiltmax of 7300. I guess the question is as you tilt to vertical does the 2d settings take affect even though you're in 3d mode. It is a gradual process also. Any help with a good clip_plane setting?

Where is the default tiltmax located? It's not in the clip_planes file that's been given.

Where is the default tiltmax located? It's not in the clip_planes file that's been given.

sys.txt

Put the attached file in side your common folder and save as clip_planes.ui

Not working for me yet... can you help?

Here is what I did. Right click your file, Save As clip_planes.txt.

Opened the COMMON file inside IDT's data.zip (which I am currently using)

Dropped your clip_planes.txt in and renamed it clip_planes.ui

Whad did I do wrong?

Thanks for the help :)

Whad did I do wrong?

the only problem is the clip_planes file in IDT mods has more code in it for other stuff that the one posted up on here does not have, you should just mod the clip_planes file in IDT mod to change it to what you need (i just copy and pasted the code i wanted to change from one to the other.

Whad did I do wrong?

the only problem is the clip_planes file in IDT mods has more code in it for other stuff that the one posted up on here does not have, you should just mod the clip_planes file in IDT mod to change it to what you need (i just copy and pasted the code i wanted to change from one to the other.

OK, so let me see if I've got this straight so I don't screw it up...

Copy and paste the line of text in the clip_planes.txt file to the bottom of the clip_planes.ini file that is already in the IDT modded Data.zip?

i replaced the part of the clip_planes file that deals with the roadsigns in the IDT mod, if you just add it to the file without replacing the original code that you need changed then it prolly wont work b/c the file is telling it 2 diff commands. Just replace that part that deals with the roadsigns

It helps if you name the file correctly:

clip_planes.ini

As for priority of files and settings, it is this:

iGO looks for a file in the following order and always takes the first one that is found:

1. direct folder structure

2. inside SKIN.ZIP

3. inside BRANDING.ZIP

4. inside DATA.ZIP

And to even add more info: the settings are looked-up in the following order:

1. SYS.TXT (overrides everything)

2. save\SYSTEM.INI

3. [DATA.ZIP]\project_config\igo8_generic.ini (or whatever project is set in SYS or EXE)

4. [DATA.ZIP]\config\devices\{my_device}.ini

i replaced the part of the clip_planes file that deals with the roadsigns in the IDT mod, if you just add it to the file without replacing the original code that you need changed then it prolly wont work b/c the file is telling it 2 diff commands. Just replace that part that deals with the roadsigns

Now I see! After digging deeper, I now see that the single line of text in the clip_planes.txt file needed to be broken down line by line to make it look like the clip_planes.ini found inside the DATA.ZIP\ui_pioneer\common\clip_plane.ini files.

Once I did that, it was easy to see the difference in numeric values between the two and I just changed those few lines of code only. (like you suggested)

Hope it works!

Thanks for the help...hope it helps others too.

Can you tell I'm not real savvy writing code???

well, even with the new values not many showed up on mine either, but more then before, MAKE SURE that the file you changed the values in was correctly saved/ziped up in the data.zip. the first time i changed it in mine i saved it but forget to re-zip the data.zip with the new file in it (was working on the data.zip without fully nzipping it) and i had no street lables, BUT once i chacked and realized my mistake it started show them, BUT only the streets right next to where i was, and then only a few of them.

The individual scheme files may rule in this case. I can change my schemes and have more street labels show up with the same tilt/zoom variables. I'm using IDT's 3.0 mod and the 'Gerd' scheme seems to work best. try it, see if you get the same results.