AVIC411.com

cannot get ipod sound on x910

I just got my new x910 installed today. Everything works great, however I cannot get sound from my ipod (32g touch). The ipod screen shows that it is playing but there is no sound. I set my AV1 settings according to the manual but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Are RCA connectors connected?

Unfortunately this is not advertised well at all. I bought the AVIC-X710BT and also have the 32GB iPod Touch. I too was having the same problem as you until I finally figured out that I needed a separate cable:

http://www.bizrate.com/caraccessories/p ... rices.html

Sucks bro, I feel your pain. Just suck it up and get the $50 cable, you'll be glad you did.

Unfortunately this is not advertised well at all. I bought the AVIC-X710BT and also have the 32GB iPod Touch. I too was having the same problem as you until I finally figured out that I needed a separate cable:

Sucks bro, I feel your pain. Just suck it up and get the $50 cable, you'll be glad you did.

It's in the manual. How much more advertising would you need? :o

It's in the manual. How much more advertising would you need? :o

Would have been nice if they mentioned that a separate cable was required in the same place that the iPod support was advertised. There's also no reason imho that the USB cable can't take care of audio and video. Requiring a separate cable is greedy on their part.

Would have been nice if they mentioned that a separate cable was required in the same place that the iPod support was advertised. There's also no reason imho that the USB cable can't take care of audio and video. Requiring a separate cable is greedy on their part.

It's in the same place where it says that to get (supported) XM, Sirius, or HD Radio, you need to have an appropriate tuner.

Requiring a separate cable is (one of the few) wise decisions on their part, as it moves all of data processing off to the iPod, leaving AVIC to simply pass audio/video through a mixer instead of decoding data itself.