AVIC411.com

Velcro Free Fake Face Plate **with PICs**

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well since my old stereo was stolen and I did not want a repeat with the D3. this thread gave me a great idea.

I had an old boost gauge that was busted so I dissected it and made it 2D and mounted it on some free black plexi

yp3l1x.jpg

Now someone will break into your car because they think you have nitrous. Oh, and they will steal that Valentine 1 in a heart beat before messing with your stereo. :shock::P

Isaac007, I am not trying to be mean, but WOW, that looks like straight up a$$.

By the looks of the interior that appears to be a very nice vehicle. Im not a thief by any means, but if I was, and I seen something like that (even at night) I would wonder what you were trying to hide under it.

You might be defeating the purpose of the project by making it stand out that bad. You would be better off just using one of those window screens used to keep the interior from getting too hot, or putting an article of clothing or a clipboard over it.

Or you could try again, and this time dont start drinking til after your done.

Oh, and they will steal that Valentine 1 in a heart beat before messing with your stereo. :shock::P

Ironically they didn't touch the V1 when they stole my Eclipse CD8442 (what I had before the D3). Kinda funny to because the deck was busted. The V1 was worth waaaaaay more :lol:

Can't even find competent thieves nowadays. :mrgreen::lol:

• 8 months later...
well since my old stereo was stolen and I did not want a repeat with the D3. this thread gave me a great idea.

I had an old boost gauge that was busted so I dissected it and made it 2D and mounted it on some free black plexi

yp3l1x.jpg

What tool did you use to cut the black plexiglass smoothly? And what holds it in place over the avic?

• 2 weeks later...
Sure, and as the tickets for illegal/excessive tint pile up over the coming months...

Must be nice to be somewhere that tint laws don't exist or aren't enforced. :D

haha too bad its only a $10 court fee...

you can always just roll down your windows if you see a cop. but i pass cops all the time with my windows up and they dont bother me

I had 35% on my Explorer and 35/15 on my Imp and I got busted a couple times. The wife got pissed when she got pegged a couple times as well, so when I had to have the dealer replace all my windows due to non-tint related scratches, I put 50% on the doors instead. Don't like it nearly as much, but haven't been as worried about putting the windows down as I used to. 70% is the limit on the doors in NYS...