AVIC411.com

Official Firmware 3.0 Status Thread!!

If you have the 3.01 version from x series, my guess is your going to have to go back to 2.006 or earlier for the flash to work.

Obviously the update was designed to recognize a legit version to update from. if its not there it will prob just boot up as normal. I made a copy of 2.006 just before i copied over the x series flash disk. It is amazing how well that worked, don't think pioneer thought of that one. Guess even if they did how would they prevent it anyway?

Also, one would assume once someone has done the flash, a backup of the drive may be possible. Unless of course they some how made it only work on your particular unit when its activiated.

guess we will find out soon enough, i will be happy to post my flash drive once the update is done, just to see if it will work.

It sounds like from some reports it wipes out all your settings, so it might not be smart enough to check for that stuff. Since it's easy enough to go into service mode and just do a rebuild from the X series 3.x backup I will just give it a shot.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did the update, the update won't recognize the 3.01 version from the x series. it simply bypasses it and starts up as normal.

I had to wipe out the x series update and drag/drop copy the 2.006 backup. It went without a hitch here are some photos.

it takes more like an hour from starting the update to finish, now add 20 mins to that if you have to drag the original 2.006 over first.

As you can see this update actually has a newer version of windows ce then the current x series version which is interesting.

post-14414-12872758502691_thumb.jpg

post-14414-12872758507543_thumb.jpg

post-14414-12872758511899_thumb.jpg

post-14414-1287275851638_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I got this error too when trying to get the password this morning.

The Pioneer website returns "Error Code 1. Input Device Number is not correct" .

There is no explaination of the error code.

I am entered exactly the device code my F90BT unit is reporting with all letters in CAPS.

Hi,

I got this error too when trying to get the password this morning.

The Pioneer website returns "Error Code 1. Input Device Number is not correct" .

There is no explaination of the error code.

I am entered exactly the device code my F90BT unit is reporting with all letters in CAPS.

Try this thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=26512&start=15

Where the issue is discussed at length.

Finally got mine in the mail. Started the update right away. Surprised how "quick" it was considering how others have said it took them 40+ minutes. Mine didnt take that long at all I dont think. Or maybe it just seemed faster. Anyhoo..... Update went great. No issues at all. I'll have to play around with it later though. Only listened to the radio so far(and click through menus) .

Also, I've heard theres another update or something on pioneers site? True? Can someone tell me if I have the absolute latest updates. My Map version is 0.2.000400 and system version 3.020100. 8)

I just did the update, the update won't recognize the 3.01 version from the x series. it simply bypasses it and starts up as normal.

I had to wipe out the x series update and drag/drop copy the 2.006 backup. It went without a hitch here are some photos.

it takes more like an hour from starting the update to finish, now add 20 mins to that if you have to drag the original 2.006 over first.[attachment=3]IMG_0744.JPG[/attachment]

As you can see this update actually has a newer version of windows ce then the current x series version which is interesting.

What all has to be put back to the old version? Can we get by with just putting the old WINCEIMG files back on (update with format) thus leaving ""My Flash Disk" empty, or do you think its best to copy Flash Disk back as well?

Also, it shouldnt be an issue to go back to original 2.0 instead of 2.006 should it (assuming I use the proper testmode files to copy Flash Disk)?

If you hacked the x series to get the 3.0 update you can force the real update by changing i believe the LPUE080APL.HTM file since it seems to look there for the version. I had to do that since it wouldn't pick up the update disk #2 until I changed all the LPUE080 files on mine and started the whole process over.

If you hacked the x series to get the 3.0 update you can force the real update by changing i believe the LPUE080APL.HTM file since it seems to look there for the version. I had to do that since it wouldn't pick up the update disk #2 until I changed all the LPUE080 files on mine and started the whole process over.

And only that file? What about the LPUE080DATA and LPUE080PLT html files? And yes, I did the hacked x series update on my F90BT.

I had no hacks on my system. It installed in 41 minutes. No problems at all with the install. I retained my splash screen and all settings. :D

24 hours and no crashes yet. The beep sound is much better. Phone connection with bluetooth is fine. Ipod control is the same, maybe a little bit faster on song changes. If the ipod is selected when the car is turned on, it begins playing in a second or two.

So far I am glad that I spent the $60, only time will tell.

After installing my update I find that my boot time is a little longer however the music from the radio, hd radio, cd play right away, iPod plays about the same as it did before. Touch screen is much more responsive and MSN Direct displays content within a couple minutes, maybe faster. MSN before was hit or miss on the weather and movies, now weather and movie info comes up right away as well as the gas station prices and traffic. The new addition of stocks, news and local events are nice all of which display content right away. As much as it pains me to say, Microsoft did a good job on the firmware update for the MSN Direct kudos. Note: after firmware update you have to manually select the re-rout traffic other wise it will calculate the rout through traffic and wont avoid traffic. BTW Samantha sounds a little better, she is not as annoying as before but she still give way to much information when giving directions but I can live with it. My backup camera always worked before for me but I have noticed that it goes into backup mode the second i put the car in reverse.

The only grip I have is the slow boot time and in my case it is actually slow than it was before. Pioneer should have addressed that on this update. That was the number one problem with the F-Series. Also the HD presets still don't display the station id... really? The HD unit has the ability to display the station id but Pioneer seemed to over look that on this update.

Anyway this is what I have noticed on my system.

Just installed 3.0 on my F90BT (no hacks.) Zero install issues. Took about 50 minutes. All of my navi favorites and history were gone. My phone connected without having to re-pair it. The touch screen is MUCH more responsive. Boot time is about the same but audio sources seem to activate quicker. Haven't played around with much else yet.

Overall, it seems like a winner for me.

i found instructions on how to revert back to 2.0 which i have done. I then tried to reinstall 3.0 and it did the same thing, at 3% if stopped loading. I had to revert back to 2.0 again. dont know what to do now my upgrade that i paid for seems to be worthless. Any suggestions?

just talked to pioneer support and they told me that, if the unit has been hacked or the safety features altered such as the parking brake bypass, the upgrade wont load. has anybody

else heard this from pioneer? all i have done to this unit is the P. B. bypass, could this be causing my problem with the update. I find this hard to believe since so many people with hacked units seem to have no problems whatsoever.