AVIC411.com

Urgghhh. No IR in front. I guess I cant use SWI-X or Rem.

Got it and testing on a bench power supply today and I purchased the CD-SR1 remote along with the SWI-X also. I was assuming I can program the SWI-X to learn the Voice command button since I had the button on my steering wheel. DEAD WRONG!!! It looks like Pioneer removed the IR port from the front panel unless I am just missing it.

I looked at the Pioneer site and no remote is listed in accessories. SWI-PS i guess unless there is someone here that knows of a way to translate the IR from the SWI-X to a mini plug so I can use the remote jack in the back.

hey thanks for answering the question I posted regarding this for almost a month now. I have kids in the back so I control a great deal (answer phone, place call, change station, av, activate voice, etc) on my Z3 with the CD SR1. This is a deal breaker for me unfortunately. I will simply just stay with the Z3. Thanks again for answering this question.

BMW has a button with a face talking on the wheel. I wanted to program the Voice command button onto this. I believe the SWI-PS is preprogrammed and I will not be able to make it learn the Voice command. Hopefully someone can prove my research wrong. Thanks. Looks like I am going to try to get the new SWI-PS for now.

BMW has a button with a face talking on the wheel. I wanted to program the Voice command button onto this. I believe the SWI-PS is preprogrammed and I will not be able to make it learn the Voice command. Hopefully someone can prove my research wrong. Thanks. Looks like I am going to try to get the new SWI-PS for now.

the new SWI-PS (blue case) has the new BT phone and i thought the voice command in the programming

as for using IR when there is no Ir..you can do it just takes some engineering..(look into a home Ir repeaters/converters) it can be done just takes $$$$$$

if there is a will and cash there is a way!

Below is the info from the PAC site. I am not sure hot to configure the voice recognition button.

Programming order for

SWI-PS N/A

1 Volume Up

2 Volume Down

3 Mute

4 Track Up/ Seek Up

5 Track Down/ Seek Down

6 Source

7 Preset Up/ Disc Up

8 Preset Down/ Disc Down

9 Band

Wholy %$@#$#$ hell SOB !!!!

This just shattered my day... I was so stoked about some of the new features and reviews, and then I had to come across this... I can't believe they did this... I struggled with the POS SWI-PS with my Z2 for years, then got fed up and got the SWI-X, programmed it with a VC1 and had perfection(VC, answer, and hangup functionality)... then they omit IR in the latest version... aarrgghhhh :evil:

Damnit!!! Damnit!!! Damnit!!!

Fix alot and break a little... Unfortunately this is a major deal breaker... I know it's a touchscreeen, meant to be touchd, but who the hell wants to reach up every time to skip a track, activate VC, or answer a phone call...

A freakin 5$ part.... :roll:

Idiots!!!

Wholy %$@#$#$ hell SOB !!!!

This just shattered my day... I was so stoked about some of the new features and reviews, and then I had to come across this... I can't believe they did this... I struggled with the POS SWI-PS with my Z2 for years, then got fed up and got the SWI-X, programmed it with a VC1 and had perfection(VC, answer, and hangup functionality)... then they omit IR in the latest version... aarrgghhhh :evil:

Damnit!!! Damnit!!! Damnit!!!

Fix alot and break a little... Unfortunately this is a major deal breaker... I know it's a touchscreeen, meant to be touchd, but who the hell wants to reach up every time to skip a track, activate VC, or answer a phone call...

A freakin 5$ part.... :roll:

Idiots!!!

It's kinda like when the remote to the TV is lost, you end up watching the same channel, even though it sucks because who gets up to change the channel anymore!?!?!?

how hard is it to mount the marine remote out of site in reach...or for the really brave disassemble one and do a custom bezel with your own buttons..

or even make it a WIRED remote and install it like the old add-on changer controllers

get creative....

here is the link to the instruction to program using BT hands free functions

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData ... 072309.pdf

here is the programming list

follow the directions just like the vehicle specific directions tell you too

they just added a couple more codes

The SWI-PS must be programmed in the specific order shown below. If a function is not needed, it may be skipped.

1. Volume Up

2. Volume Down

3. Mute

4. Track Up/Seek Up

5. Track Down/Seek Down

6. Source

7. Preset Up/Disc Up

8. Preset Down/Disc Down

9. Band

10. Phone Status

11. Answer Call

12. End Call

how hard is it to mount the marine remote out of site in reach...or for the really brave disassemble one and do a custom bezel with your own buttons..

or even make it a WIRED remote and install it like the old add-on changer controllers

get creative....

here is the link to the instruction to program using BT hands free functions

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData ... 072309.pdf

here is the programming list

follow the directions just like the vehicle specific directions tell you too

they just added a couple more codes

The SWI-PS must be programmed in the specific order shown below. If a function is not needed, it may be skipped.

1. Volume Up

2. Volume Down

3. Mute

4. Track Up/Seek Up

5. Track Down/Seek Down

6. Source

7. Preset Up/Disc Up

8. Preset Down/Disc Down

9. Band

10. Phone Status

11. Answer Call

12. End Call

Cause that blows.... Not to mention that the SWI-PS sucks... It works only 90% of the time, and usually has it;'s own mind.... and does not have all the other features as the SWI-X(including VC).... Pioneer lost a loyal custmer here...

Now if PAC wanted to make a learning programmable hardwired SWI-PS.... then it may change my mind...

But I'm willing to bet, that the functionality isn't even built into the Z110BT... ie Voice command...

I'll stick with my Z2-3 till they get their head out of their taters...

What a F'in joke....[/rant]

So damn close to perfection... :roll:

I just finished installing the AVIC-Z110BT in my truck. I used the PAC SWI-PS to retain the use of the steering wheel buttons. So far, they have worked flawlessly. I have vol +, vol -, track +, track -, and source. I might re-program the source button so that I can answer calls on the blue tooth.....hmmmm....