AVIC411.com

Blackberry Contact list. Is this issue normal?

Hi all,

I'm a noob here and this is my first aftermarket headunit ina very long time. First impressions were good and the touchscreen response time was great. I was really looking forward to getting my entire address book into this unit but there seems to be an issue. The only names that syncs into the contact list is the names that are in my call log from my phone. It took me a while to figure this out since I thought there was a problem with my address book and a possiblity of special characters.

I have confirmed the the list only contains the call log by making a call to someone I have not called recently and after resetting the 110bt the names automatically appeared.

I really dont think this is a problem with my phone since when I sync the blackberry to my buddies new 5 series BMW, the entire address book transfers.

The phone is a Verizon blackberry Curve 8330 with the 4.5 firmware.

Am I crazy or is this working as designed?

BTW all the phone numbers of each contact comes in when its imported even though I may have just called one of the numbers.

Thanks.

I had a bit of trouble syncing my smartphone at first. I found that I had to select send as vCard in order to get my contact list across to the headunit. Trying to send via bluetooth or beaming didn't allow it to sync. Once I sent as vCard all contacts made it across in one transaction.

Mike

Found out why its just my recent calls coming in. I feel so dumb. The Blackberry has an option in the bluetooth properties to transfer entire address book or "Hot list". By default it is set to the hotlist. After making the changes everything went in and has the first name then last name format. Thanks all.