AVIC411.com

Maybe I am a bit premature but I have just installed the Z110BT in a car I am bringing back to the UK next week... I also have a Garmin Nuvi which has a SD Card slot. The nuvi was simple enough to buy a USA map (as I came from the UK a few months ago) and load it on the SD Card - the nuvi was in business immediately...

The Z110BT though does not seem to have a European map... can I use a map for a European Pioneer nav system that exists... or is there gonna be a release of a similar model over there and I can get a European map...

Any help appreciated as I love this piece of equipment and want it to work over there...

´m Spanish, i need same of you. European maps.

Be quiet... in a short time the maps and the solution apears.

Soy español y estoy en las mismas que tu. Cuando estén los mapas seguro que me cojo esta unidad. De momento es muy pronto para poder hacerlo funcionar en europa pero seguro que tarde o temprano aparecerá la forma para hacerlo funcionar.

Saludos españoles

Maybe I am a bit premature but I have just installed the Z110BT in a car I am bringing back to the UK next week... I also have a Garmin Nuvi which has a SD Card slot. The nuvi was simple enough to buy a USA map (as I came from the UK a few months ago) and load it on the SD Card - the nuvi was in business immediately...

The Z110BT though does not seem to have a European map... can I use a map for a European Pioneer nav system that exists... or is there gonna be a release of a similar model over there and I can get a European map...

Any help appreciated as I love this piece of equipment and want it to work over there...

European unit is the F10BT. it's just been announced on the website of Pioneer Europe, expected to be available end-of-August...

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/body.html

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/111/241/AVIC-F10BT/index.html

so does this mean that the european maps can be extracted to use on my Z110BT??

Or do you imply the new system has to be used exclusively ??

No idea as it's not out yet... :wink:

However, ask Pioneer if they can supply/sell the European maps, as they obviously exist...

No idea as it's not out yet... :wink:

However, ask Pioneer if they can supply/sell the European maps, as they obviously exist...

I think if you look on teh Pioneer site it states that people with the Navgate system can buy a updated map not sure if it just updates what you already have or if it would be a complete mapping update, I know that the X??? maps were a full map but that might just be because they are on disc ??? I would be interested to know if you get this working over here in England :)

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

U.S. models will only provide map information for the U.S. and Canada.

They will not support the map structure for another country.

Thank You,

Kathy

Customer Service Representative

Any comments anyone.. ??

spoke to pioneer today about another issue and this cropped up and the tech guy is under the impresion that pioneer DO regionalise there navigation systems the same way they do the DVD side of things, kinda weird this day and age! :x

spoke to pioneer today about another issue and this cropped up and the tech guy is under the impresion that pioneer DO regionalise there navigation systems the same way they do the DVD side of things, kinda weird this day and age!

So does this mean that Map info WILL only work on the model released for THAT particular country.. If so that kindof sucks for a flagship product - even my Garmin Nuvi allows for SD Map usage...

Are their any tech guys from Pioneer on the board can assist? Otherwise I will be selling my Z110BT and getting the UK version LOL

• 4 months later...

Hello,

New to the forum and have searched around a bit. Any updates on using European maps on the US AVIC Z110? Also, in another thread hemiuk mentioned that a Pioneer rep said the Z110 wouldn't acquire the European satellites. Not sure what Pioneer meant by that because the European system (Galileo) isn't due to go operational until 2013. I believe the European AVIC-F10 still uses the US GPS satellites.

Lucien

• 3 months later...
Hi,

Is there any news about using european map in this unit?

Thanks

This question was already answered in this thread: you need the European unit.

Sorry, but it was not a finally answer, I thought someone maybe have found out how to do it, therefor I asked. In someway Pioneer must have looked it in some firmware or other thing.