AVIC411.com

New firm ware causing continuous re-boots

Hi, I have the avic-x910bt, and I just tried to update my firm ware to the new 3.010100 and now the radio is screwed. It did the install fine, and when it re-booted it said system start up in progress please wait. After 4 mins, it restarted, and brought me back to the same screen. It does this over and over and over and never stops. I have access to all the features except for anything to do with the maps for 4 mins until it restarts. I searched these forums and see this was an issue with the F series but I was hoping someone had a solution. Pioneer wants me to send the radio back but I'm trying to avoid that. It's 2 days old!

Is there an original firmware somewhere I can dl? Any help would be great, thanks.

Have the same problem. Updated two separate devices and they do the same thing. updates just fine then reboots and says system starting up then reboots. Had the first one replaced and tried again on the second device and guess what did the same thing. Waiting for a new device now. Pioneer tried to tell me it was because I have the parking brake bypass but they is not the cause. I have never had that done. I have to set the Parking brake all the time which is a pain. So dont update the new firmare.

Hi, I have an Avic-x710bt with the same problem after the firmware update downloaded from the Pioneer site. I cannot access maps, "system start up in progress, please wait" message stays on screen, and system reboots after about 4 minutes. I've tried holding down reset and eject for 5 seconds and holding down menu and reset, as well as the reset button by itself. This was all to no avail. Any suggestions?

I had no problems updating to 3.0101

oh and I had the hardwire bypass in place during the update. I followed the directions on pioneers website and it took about 20 minutes. The only thing that the instructions missed was to remove the SD card at the end and replace w/ the dummy card.

I'm having exactly the same problem as ekoed. Brand new avic-x910bt, installed a couple days ago. I got the iPod cable today and installed it, but it wasn't recognizing the iPhone, so I tried updating the firmware. I believe it was version 3.000300 before the update.

Followed the instructions from the Pioneer site, put the LPUE080 folder on a 1GB SD card and it went through the update process, but now I can't go anywhere near the Nav functions or it gets stuck on the disclaimer screen. It also has the "System Start-up in progress" banner over most of the menu screens (the A/V source select screen is clear, for some reason).

I'm going to give Pioneer tech support a call tomorrow and see if there's anything they can do for me. I bought the unit from Buy.com and installed it myself, so there's no local installer to swap it out. :(

After things were already broken, I tried putting the "Testmode" files from the F-series hacks/mods forum on another SD card, but that doesn't seem to do much on this model. Has anyone successfully used testmode on the X series units yet?

I hope someone can help me!!

I bought an AVIC-X910BT 2 weeks ago, and as soon as I had it installed, I downloaded and installed the newest update from pioneer 3.sonething. After that my unit like many others it started to reboot by itself every 5 minutes or so, and I went into this forum to find some answers.

I downloaded the files from itchybot and followed all the instructions and I am stuck with a black screen. I can go into CE again anytime, but when I reset it using the reset and the eject button I get the same black screen.

Something I noticed was that when I try to change the flash dump there is nothing there. There must be something I can do, at least get it back to its original software. Since I am new at this, (stupid me) I did NOT make a backup of the original files on the unit.

Anyone? Anyone?

After things were already broken, I tried putting the "Testmode" files from the F-series hacks/mods forum on another SD card, but that doesn't seem to do much on this model. Has anyone successfully used testmode on the X series units yet?

Answering my own question...

Apparently I had the wrong version of the testmode files. Using the ones from the "Complete 3.0 Install Guide" thread here: viewtopic.php?t=25751 (in the "3.0 Install Files.zip download from itchybot) I'm able to get into the Windows CE UI and look at the filesystem, so all is not lost.

Success!

I figured out what caused this problem, and was able to fix it on my AVIC-X910BT using the UI in testmode.

Here's the problem: when you unpack the .ZIP file and copy it to the SD card using a Mac (as I did), the Mac OS creates some additional files in the SD card's filesystem. They're invisible when you look at the card on a Mac, but apparently the firmware update process copies some of them into the device, and they cause the iGo software (the navigation component) to not start up properly.

To fix this, do the following:

- boot up the AVIC in test mode

- find a stylus and calibrate the screen (since you're going to be clicking on a lot of small targets)

- browse to Device/My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo"

- in the view menu, turn on "details" view

- also in the view menu, pick the "folder options" item, turn off all three checkboxes, and click OK (this allows you to see hidden files)

- look through this directory and all its subdirectories for files that start with ._ (period underscore) and delete them (by selecting the file and choosing "Delete" from the File menu)

I deleted a bunch of these from different subdirectories, so I'm not sure exactly which of them was causing the problem. I suspect the critical one was CONTENT/LANG/._Lang_French_Can.zip, since when I tried to run the EZRIDER.EXE program from windows explorer, it complained that it couldn't load languages.

After deleting the files, removing the testmode SD card, and restarting the car, it booted up and everything seems to work. :D

Ok, I did it, and with a Mac. I figured out that I was not using Explorer to replace all the files. I did just that and restarted my AVIC and there it was. I replaced all of the files from My Flash Disc with the files I downloaded with the same name from this blog.

Thanks a bunch!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...