AVIC411.com

Request for feedback from X910BT owners?

Today I learned when listening to my music on my Iphone when I leave my car and then return, no matter how long I am gone the music returns to where it left off.

Is that if you unplug the iPhone, take it with you, then plug back in when you get back in the car? Or, do you have to leave it plugged in to get it to start back at the same place when turning car back on?

yes, if you unplug and leave the car it continues where it left off

Today I learned when listening to my music on my Iphone when I leave my car and then return, no matter how long I am gone the music returns to where it left off.

Is that if you unplug the iPhone, take it with you, then plug back in when you get back in the car? Or, do you have to leave it plugged in to get it to start back at the same place when turning car back on?

yes, if you unplug and leave the car it continues where it left off

Thanks for clarifying. That is a great feature!

just so we're clear, the music pausing/resuming on the iPhone does not work the same way on my iPod Video (5G). When I turn off the car and turn back on, the music resumes where it left off. But if I receive a call, the music only MUTES, does not PAUSE. So when the call is ended I may have skipped ahead 3 tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up returning this unit and went back to my D3. It's just too unresponsive & buggy. The startup time is terrible. TTS would sometimes read "underscore" and punctuation marks. Menus take a couple touches to register sometimes. Voice control only activates when it wants to. Weird menu system with less options and customization than the two year old D3. etc etc etc.

Damn. idk maybe you got a lemon, so far touch screen reponse is fine for me, bootup is about 30 secs. The only thing i think should be improved is the Voice Command Response for ipod,and name dialing. Oh and one more thing is when playing with the ipod and going through the nav menu it gets like a little bit lag. But so far im happy with it.

I have a lot of experience with the F900BT, X910BT, and DNX6140 so i thought i'd chime in with some comparisons.

First off, no comparison can be made between the F-series and the X-series. They F-series was a small step above being garbage and the X-series is significantly better. Using experiences with the F-series judge the X-series isnt acurrate so I wont even bother with this part.

As for the X910 and the DNX6140...

Both have pros and cons.

The DNX has a quicker boot up time when compared to the AVIC. The AVIC takes about 5-8 seconds to start playing the radio (if the radio was on when the car was turned off) and it takes about 20-25 seconds to start playing the ipod (if the ipod was on when the car was turned off). It takes both units about 3-5 seconds for the B/U camera to come on. The DNX is fully loaded after about 10 seconds and allows for complete, lag-proof operation. The AVIC needs about 45 seconds befoore it is at this point. Bluetooth connection occurs faster on the DNX than on the AVIC.

Once both units are completely up and running the touch screen response is pretty even, with a slight edge going to the DNX in certain senarios.

In terms of performance, the DNX has the edge. When it comes with looks and functionality the AVIC has the upper hand.

The DNX user interface looks very very basic and is nothing special. maybe this helps improve the performance but it leaves things to be desired as well. The AVIC's user interface is much nicer in terms of graphics and overall looks.

The AVIC overs voice commands that the DNX does not. You can control your phone and ipod with your voice with the AVIC. on the DNX you have the option to VOICE TAG 35 people in your phone book but it is not automatic and needs to be set up. once set up it is essentially the same as the VOICE RECOGNITION on the AVIC but can only be done for 35 contacts instead of all of them. Also, there is no way to control your ipod with voice on the DNX. one cool think about the DNX is that it automatically syncs your phone book each time so new contacts will be added automatically. with the AVIC you need to manually transfer your phonebook the first time but if you add new contacts you will need to re-transfer it in order for those new contacts to show up.

Further, the AVIC comes with MSN direct for traffic, weather, gas prices...etc....

Overall, the AVIC is the better unit since it is a bit less expensive and allows you to do more.

The DNX definitely out-does the AVIC in terms of start up time and speed but in my opinion, the added features of the AVIC make the start up time a minor compromise.

First off, no comparison can be made between the F-series and the X-series. They F-series was a small step above being garbage and the X-series is significantly better.

Have you used the F series since the 3.0 firmware update? They're nearly identical to the X. "Significantly better" would really only apply if you're comparing the F series with firmware 2.0 or earlier.