AVIC411.com

installation issues

Hello Everyone,

I know this is a first time post and such, but I was unable to find in the search function the information that i need.

I just got the Z110BT a couple of days ago and I am unable to install it in my girlfriends car. she has a 2003 volkswagen passat 4motion v6. it has the doubble din monsoon factory deck in it and yes I know that crutchfield says it dosent fit... my question is what has anyone used as a cage for the VW's as crutchfield didnt send one. is there another vehicles setup that I can get that i can modify to work or is this going to turn into a custom install job? im not opposed to doing a custom install, but obviously it would save a lot of time and headaches if anyone has done an install of another Z series in a VW passat.

Thanks everyone

The 03 Passat and Jetta are similar in terms of how the dash is constructed around the radio. I used parts from: http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/s ... AT_03.html

They are great to deal with. I used the Pioneer cage, the PAC adapters for the stereo and steering wheel controls, and Metra 40-EU10 antenna adapter. THe keys that they sell are a good price too for removing the old stereo.