AVIC411.com

Map (day/night) not working.

I finally dug into my dash this weekend and tested the 12v wire against the illumination wire on the head unit and BAM it DIMS! I called Crutchfield and they are sending me a new interface to fix the issue. So in other words the head unit works fine.

Thanks!

interface??

what application?

crutchfield has some of the best tech/customer support available!!

as a shop if i am ever pitted against online prices i will match only crutchfield (if i need to, I would order from them..lol)

cant beat free install hardware for most applications...

I finally dug into my dash this weekend and tested the 12v wire against the illumination wire on the head unit and BAM it DIMS! I called Crutchfield and they are sending me a new interface to fix the issue. So in other words the head unit works fine.

Thanks!

interface??

what application?

crutchfield has some of the best tech/customer support available!!

as a shop if i am ever pitted against online prices i will match only crutchfield (if i need to, I would order from them..lol)

cant beat free install hardware for most applications...

the interface I am talking about is the "Wiring harness" with the interface that translates why my vehicle data is sending.

OK,

I really need some help now. I just got the second interface in and no illumination!

I called and just found out that my 2005 Chevy 1500 Silverado does not send out a Illumination signal through the wiring harnis.

I have two options.

1) I can buy the PAC Audio interface for $169 (Which is outrageous)

OF

2) Find a wire behind the dash that pushes out 12v when the lights come on.

Please tell me where I might find a details Chevy wiring diagram?

Anyone :(

HELP!

Play with your lights :) Turn the parking lights on and off and look for anything on the dash, around the radio, cig lighter, AC/Heater controls, etc that lights up with the parking lights. Find any source that is 12v+ when the parking lights are turned on. You could also find something at the light switch. Worst case, just tie into the parking light at the front of the vehicle.