AVIC411.com

How do I play movies from SD card? AVIC F90BT

I have a bunch of digital copies of movies on my pc, the ones that come on the dvd or blu0ray or whatever. I have tried to copy those to a SD card, but can't get them to play on the F90BT. It comes up and says unable to play all files or something like that. I have a 1.6 gig movie on a 4 gig card. Is the copy protection messing it up?

So much nicer and easier to just play them of a ipod. Seems like this radio was built around the Ipod. I bought a 32gb Sd card so i could do that. And i played hell with it. I just sold my 30gb ipod and bought a 60 and loaded everything onto it. Made life with the f90bt easy.

The format of the movie is what messes with the unit. On the user's guide in the appendix under specifications, it says what formats of media play on the various connections. The USb and the SD card accept mpeg,wma, mp3 and mp4 but are still limited. I have been playing with different converters awhile trying to find the exact format that works from the usb or the SD card, and still having problems. The best bet is the Ipod, or use the DVD and burn DIVX movies.

I have a bunch of digital copies of movies on my pc, the ones that come on the dvd or blu0ray or whatever. I have tried to copy those to a SD card, but can't get them to play on the F90BT. It comes up and says unable to play all files or something like that. I have a 1.6 gig movie on a 4 gig card. Is the copy protection messing it up?

I have been playing DIVX 6 and XVID movies on the F700BT so far. Those are the movies I have converted. If you just have DVD or BD rips they need to be converted to AVIC readable format.

I have been playing DIVX 6 and XVID movies on the F700BT so far. Those are the movies I have converted. If you just have DVD or BD rips they need to be converted to AVIC readable format.

The OP is referring to the "Digital Copy" versions that come as an addition to BluRay and other DVD's lately, and those are DRM-based, you can not just "copy and move them", they're tied to the DRM license, and if it's placed on an ipod/iphone, that gets a copy of the license to play from the PC/iTunes installation since it handles DRM-based media just fine. When you copy the DRM-laden copy to an SD card there's no way for the AVIC to play the DRM media.

So discounting any possible format issues, the DRM-based video would never play off an SD card, granted someone could try and strip the DRM, but that puts you in a completely different category and the OP wasn't saying they had done that (nor do I condone stripping DRM)