AVIC411.com

v3.0 VS MSN Direct VS Mods VS Map Screen VS Phone

Hey Guys,

I've been monitoring the forums for a few days, and I haven't seen any threads related to a few problems I've had with v2 mods, MSN Direct, the Map screen, and bluetooth phone capabilities.

First of all, I am running cmh's mods from circa April. (If there are much newer versions that fix my problems, then let me know) Whether or not the mod has anything to do with these two problems remains to be seen. However, I subscribed to the free trial of MSN Direct... and occasionally, I get no information whatsoever from it... and in fact the date of last refresh is something like 00/00/0000 So, in other words... before time began. haha. I am told that this happens when the unit is restarted before it has completely loaded. I admit to doing this occasionally. For instance, sometimes I put the car into ACC mode to reset my tripometer or to put the top up/down, and then shut the car off. Starting the car also temporarily powers off the unit, as well. Since it takes, like, 5 minutes to completely start up... I often times can not wait for it to start completely before shutting the car off. My free trial just ended... and I'm not going to start paying for the service unless I can be sure that it will work consistently. I paid for NavTraffic, and barely used it. I don't want to make the same mistake on MSNDirect. Has this problem been fixed through the latest firmware update, or other updates to the firmware and/or mods?

Second problem... Occasionally, but usually right before/during/immediately after a turn when following a route in the map screen, the Map display goes from 3-D to overhead 2-D, and I have to press the little 2D/3D map grid button across the top of the map screen (part of one of cmh's mods) to make it go back to 3D. It just won't stay on 3D the whole trip. This sounds like more of a mod issue than the MSN Direct problem I have... but could be a problem with the system, as well, because we all know it was not without its issues. Has THIS issue been fixed with the latest firmware update, or other updates to the firmware and/or mods?

And finally... I've begrudgingly disabled bluetooth on my F90BT because the implementation is so absolutely horrible that it disgusted me to use it. My laundry list of problems included

• Volume Issues: The minimum volume was blaring to say the least... it was intolerably loud all the time, and pressing VOL- even once muted the call. I had to ask people to whisper when I was connected via Bluetooth.

Control Issues: Why can't I use the volume knob to control the volume as I have on my N3 and D3???

Display Issues: The map screen was automatically displayed when I was in a phone call, and you couldn't navigate away from it, nor could you press anything or do anything but press VOL+ VOL- or hang up. This was made even worse by the fact that on occasion (usually when the call was lost/dropped) the call would stay connected, but pressing the end call button on screen or on the phone would do nothing. I just had to wait, or if I had the luxury... turn off the car and start it up again to get it to start working again. Compounding the issue... if I wanted to place or receive another call, I couldn't because the bluetooth was still keeping my phone inaccessible (this could be a problem with my BlackBerry Storm... that thing's a piece of crap, too. Never worked like my Curve)

Implementation Issues: When in a phone call, EVERYTHING else was muted. I don't mind cutting off the music, because it's rude to keep listening to music when on the phone... but the GPS commands were muted as well. This made me have to take my eyes off the road to keep checking the map on-screen (which I couldn't see well because of the phone control buttons on-screen) to make sure I hadn't missed a turn. In my opinion, this setup is far more dangerous than having the voice prompts present during a phone call. If you're talking to someone and they hear the GPS voice, then they should be courteous enough to either wait... or let you off the phone until you're in more familiar territory.

So... I ask the question a final time... is THIS issue fixed with the latest firmware update, or other updates to the firmware and/or mods?

Also, I'm not positive that I have seen an explicit answer to my final question (though I'm sure it has been answered already, so flame me for not searching...) but, can you still install mods on v3.0 firmware? I'm referring to the speed softmod which allows you control of the GPS at highway speeds... as well as the display mods like changing the icons on your menu screen or having the quicklaunch shortcuts (home, new destination, favorites, etc) across the top of the map screen. These are the most important mods to me.

Thank you for your time and attention!

~Ryan

Bluetooth IS FIXED! There is now a small box that comes up ON ANY SCREEN when you make a phone call. The volume also seems to be a little better. You still cannot control the volume with the knob.

I also have the soft bypass installed in the 3.0 version. It's exactly the same as 2.0 (edit pioneer_ui in data.zip).

Bluetooth IS FIXED! There is now a small box that comes up ON ANY SCREEN when you make a phone call. The volume also seems to be a little better. You still cannot control the volume with the knob.

I also have the soft bypass installed in the 3.0 version. It's exactly the same as 2.0 (edit pioneer_ui in data.zip).

Thanks for the input... What about the voice prompts during a phone call? Do you have the option to hear the voice prompts? Can you attenuate the call and/or voice prompts without muting either one? This alone is worth my *promotional cost of* $60 to buy the update.

I like the fact that you can go to any screen while on a call... but can you control things like the GPS route as well? Could I start a route going to one of my stored favorite locations... or cancel/change a route while on the phone?

the problem i have is that when i hang up a foon call the f900 whit V 3.01 on it is hanging!

then the phone is disconecting and whiti think 10 sec the phone is connected whit the f900 i use the nokia n96

can i fix this problem or is it a n96 problem i have the newest firmware on it!

sombody same problem?