AVIC411.com

I was thinking about upgrading my Z1 (with Z3 HDD upgrade) to the Z110. My biggest question is the HDD, from what I have read this has been replaced with a flash card. Will the unit still rip CDs to the flash card, or does it all have to be done via computer?

I really like the idea of the MSN Direct option, but I have never used it. Has anyone else used MSN Direct? and your thoughts on it.

Is the Sirius interface still just a single line display? And will my SIR-PNR2 still work or do I need to get the CB-SB10?

The Z110BT does use flash but it won't rip CD's. The onboard storage is for use by the system. I don't have MSN Direct yet but once the receivers are available I will have it. The Sirius display is still disappointing as is the fact that station information doesn't show up in the presets. Finally, your old satellite reciever will not work with the new Z. This unit utilizes the Sirius interface unit and a different receiver.

Take a look at the youtube videos and see what the unit will do. I got mine because my Z2 was stolen from my truck and insurance covered it. I don't think I would have spent my own money on it right away. I do think it's a nicer unit though. It certainly is faster.

Mike

I have the MSN direct but its set up in lab environment right now. So far I can see it being very useful. I paid for the lifetime subscription for $99 already so I think in the long run its cheaper than XM traffic and it has more information.

I have the XM tuner coming but no experience with the sirius. HD radio is great though except for the station names not showing up in the playlist. The added channels are great too.

Installing in a week from tomorrow.

I ordered the MSN Direct piece for the Z110BT from Beach Audio. They had 12 in stock. It shipped yesterday to me.

Be careful getting it through BeachAudio. They are not an authorized dealer. If you get it through them Pioneer will not help with any warranty issues.

Pioneer told me that they just shipped the first shipment today to authorized dealers. If BeachAudio has some they said they are not "Authentic" Pioneer equipment..

Here the list of authorized dealers, anyone else voids the warranty. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... e+Internet

Here is their official statement to back up what I am saying. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... et+Dealers

Thanks. Looks awfule "authentic" to me. It was $83 so if it craps out i"ll get a new one. Would be shocked if this one was not "authentic"...

That is cool... I am just shocked you got one already since they didn't send out their first shipment until today.

They probably gave you incorrect information. One other person in this thread has one as well. Like I said, it came from Pioneer for sure.