AVIC411.com

XM August 2009 Logo Update...D/N/F/Z series!

Here are the updated logo image packs for August 2009. If you wish to make a donation for this effort my paypal is vandal@racinginc.com. This is not a requirement as I will never charge money for these logo updates nor make conditions regarding their use.

Changes/Improvements:

- Channel 15 has been renamed from "Folk Village" to "The Village"

- Several channels have updated logos as reflected in the latest XM channel guide PDF.

Installing:

- You will need to know how to modify the media for your particular AVIC series. See the stickied posts in the hacks/mod forum related to your unit for details.

- Locate the folder containing the XMCAT, XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS directory. On the Z series this the AV subdirectory of the SDAT volume. On the F series this was reported to be MyFlashDisk/DATA/XM. On the D/N series these folders are in the root directory of the 2 map DVDs.

- As always when doing such updates on the Z and F series be sure to make backups of your XMCAT, XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS directories.

- Simply copy the files in the pack over any existing files for each directory (XMCAT, XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS). Do not delete any files.

First up is Z series. These have been fully tested on a Z3.

AVIC-Z 8-4-09 Logo Update.zip

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

AWESOME! :mrgreen:

You rock Vandal.

Just installed XM on my D3 and had to revisit AVIC411. Loaded your XM logos and a good thing just got better.

THANKS!

Quick question on how you get the artwork. Rather than pull off the pdf couldn't you get better (and easier?) logo images off the channel pages?

for ex

My hour and 15 min commute just got a whole lot better!