AVIC411.com

Some Noticed V3.01 Issues

I have been toying with this update and so far these are my findings, likes and dislikes thusfar:

I really like the new lane info and the traffic flow!

I am not impressed, however with the speed of this current version. I know alot of you folks say that it is "alot faster" and I do not know what you had..but compared to what I had with V2.0 this is definately SLOWER. Screen taps, button taps...everything :x Even after it boots up for several minutes it is just not that impressive.

I have had great success adding all of my extensively modified branded POI files from the previous version(s) and this is great!

I am still working on the voice files and adjustability for the speedcams but this is going to take some doing. Many thanx to all of you who have made the current strides so far!!

I do not know if any others out there have had problems with the phone but I want to share my experiences. When I make a call from my phone via the phone itself (LG CU920) and then I cancel it also with the phone you can kiss any functions goodbye..it just freezes up. The GPS is still navigating but nothing else works until I disconnect the Bluetooth connection from the phone and then it will come back to life. If I let a call come in and hang up on it's own, however, it works just fine. It ***does**** seem to be better as far as connectivity and clarity but this one aspect is almost a deal breaker. The previous versions never did this!

The screen, although a bit more clear by the updated graphics is still slow to follow the arrow. At least 2-seconds past the current street then and only then will the street label show up---at a reasonable zoom distance of course. My VSS is connected as well. Anything zoomed out is just lines, railroad tracks and scenery. I have even adjusted my clip_planes (by adding the .ini file to the common folder) and it is better but not anywhere where the V2.0 was. I do like the fact that it is now Igo 8.3 with the ability for many extensive modification so that is a definite plus :)

All in all I give this current version a 5 out of 10. Definately NOT faster, somewhat buggy and what keeps me hanging on to it is the fact that this will only get hacked and fine-tuned much further :)

Thought I would share..

Thanx to all who have helped and for those who continue in their quest to perfect this mediocre Pioneer system and what the engineers SHOULD have done in the first place!!

Thank-you, thankyou, thankyou!

I happen to agree with the bluetooth problems. I used mine yesterday and the volume stayed loud and could not turn it down. When I disconnected it, my sound functions for gps and music stayed off and could not do anything with it. I had to pull over along side of the road and restart. Everything else seems to work fine.

I am also having an issue where every time I boot it up it always reverts back to the sd card for it's input. The last input used is not coming back on. This is after an upgrade to 3.01 from 3.0 on an F90BT with NO mods of any kind.

Please enlighten me, are we talking about official pioneer 3.0 upgrade specifically for the F90BT?.... I am starting to get confused on whats what anymore......

I am also having an issue where every time I boot it up it always reverts back to the sd card for it's input. The last input used is not coming back on. This is after an upgrade to 3.01 from 3.0 on an F90BT with NO mods of any kind.
Please enlighten me, are we talking about official pioneer 3.0 upgrade specifically for the F90BT?.... I am starting to get confused on whats what anymore......

No. This is doing the upgrade with the available info here in this section. I used the X910BT software and then did an upgrade to V3.0101 from Pioneers website. Everything is working great except for this one odd thing where it loses the last input that was used. All other functions work perfectly and all other settings get saved also.