AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

IDT, are you going to be adding back the auto-dimming of the top buttons? If so, can you provide hints as to where to comment it out like in the other version (if its location changed)?

One thing I noticed, and maybe I dont have it setup correctly, but the traffic flow (MSN) didnt seem to be working. Maybe its scheme dependent? On one road with a Real View scheme, I was encountering these green dots on the road, which I assume should have been coloring the road green completely. I later changed to the default Pioneer scheme, but didnt have the dots as I think the road I was travelling at that time did not have traffic flow info. Not sure if this has any bearing on your mod or if its all scheme related, thought I would bring it up with you just in case.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDT, are you going to be adding back the auto-dimming of the top buttons? If so, can you provide hints as to where to comment it out like in the other version (if its location changed)?

it will be on the next update, hopefully i'll have an update later in the afternoon or early tomorrow morning

Hey IDT-

I notice that with your mods I am getting the street speeds of more back roads than other mods. Did you do anything to yours to get more posted speeds for surface streets? Most of the other mods just have mainly freeways.

Thanks!

Hey IDT-

I notice that with your mods I am getting the street speeds of more back roads than other mods. Did you do anything to yours to get more posted speeds for surface streets? Most of the other mods just have mainly freeways.

Thanks!

no, i didn't do anything special, what you could try is set the info on the bottom to speedlimit and do a simulation and see if they match

Those of you who want to add the altimeter to your unit (I do :))that displays all the time, I removed the clock and date by commenting them out here:

;TIME

;DATE

And then add this code:

;Altimeter

Under them somewhere within the same layer.

You can change the font color to whatever you wish but this is a digital font that is kinda blue-green to match the vacuum fluorescent display as is the clock in my Toyota truck.

Enjoy!

One thing I noticed, and maybe I dont have it setup correctly, but the traffic flow (MSN) didnt seem to be working. Maybe its scheme dependent? On one road with a Real View scheme, I was encountering these green dots on the road, which I assume should have been coloring the road green completely. I later changed to the default Pioneer scheme, but didnt have the dots as I think the road I was travelling at that time did not have traffic flow info. Not sure if this has any bearing on your mod or if its all scheme related, thought I would bring it up with you just in case.

LOOK FOR this code IN "Common/Navigatemap.ui"

Then any of the buttons on the screen that are being used (look in Navigate_map/800_480.ui) that you want to dim out, that have the code prefix "btnNMB_" will dim and restore. You can change the alpha levels to whatever suits your fancy. Usually, the Alpha 32 in the restore line is sufficient. If you change the numbers in the alpha down code string you will see an effect on dimming. Less number means more dimming.

Good luck!

Bud

Hey IDT, I want the defaul tilt to show a little less sky, which one of the variables do I adjust?

3d_max_tiltlevel=10000

3d_max_zoomlevel=1500

I'd like to zoom in a bit more and adjust so I see about half as much sky, then make the arrow larger.

To do this, should I adjust the zoom level to 1200, then the tilt level to about 8000?

Then I'll make the 3dcarsizemin=3500 to increase the size of the arrow?

Thanks in advance!

Where can I find this value? I also wanted to increase the title level.... I've been checking sys.txt file, but couldnt find this line.... Please let me know which files I need to check to change this value, thank you

Hey IDT, I want the defaul tilt to show a little less sky, which one of the variables do I adjust?

3d_max_tiltlevel=10000

3d_max_zoomlevel=1500

I'd like to zoom in a bit more and adjust so I see about half as much sky, then make the arrow larger.

To do this, should I adjust the zoom level to 1200, then the tilt level to about 8000?

Then I'll make the 3dcarsizemin=3500 to increase the size of the arrow?

Thanks in advance!

Where can I find this value? I also wanted to increase the title level.... I've been checking sys.txt file, but couldnt find this line.... Please let me know which files I need to check to change this value, thank you

you have to add it on [map] part

[map]

3d_max_tiltlevel=10000 
3d_max_zoomlevel=1500 

I changed the car picture back to a arrow and put the 3d tilt back to normal. Now i really like this theme.

Seeing the sky looks really good but when you actually try to drive around like that it can be really hard to see anything at all.

What is the default vaule in 3d tilt?

Change the 3d_max_tiltlevel to "=8800"

and then change the defaulttilt3d to "=8100"

This way you can tilt it to see a bit of sky but will default back to 8100 which is just a bit.

You should like that.

Good luck,

Bud

are these changes in SYS.TXT or pioneer.ini or both? neither of mine had the variable defaulttilt3d, and I want to make sure to add it in the proper place.

The tilt is in the SYS file and all you really have to do is erase the tilt value lines and it goes back to default. I went ahead and just put the map settings back to default totally which only has these two lines under the map code

[map]
2dheadup=1
zoomfactor=110

As far as changing the car image back to the arrow i just went in my old data.zip file and got the arrow images and put them in the new data.zip and rezipped it. There is a whole thread about changing the arrows to a car image. You just do that in reverse.

The tilt is in the SYS file and all you really have to do is erase the tilt value lines and it goes back to default. I went ahead and just put the map settings back to default totally which only has these two lines under the map code

[map]
2dheadup=1
zoomfactor=110

As far as changing the car image back to the arrow i just went in my old data.zip file and got the arrow images and put them in the new data.zip and rezipped it. There is a whole thread about changing the arrows to a car image. You just do that in reverse.

Hi,

What are the arrow file names that need to be replaced? There are multiple files.

Thanks for your help.

*Edit* Nevermind, was looking in the wrong folder.