AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-UPDATE

sadly i would be off for a while as after doing all the testing my unit just decided to stop working, no power, no illumination, nothing, i already checked the fuse and wirings but still no go, after typing this message i'll be heading straight to my dealer and probably won't get my unit back for a good month, i'm totally pissed off right now that this happened,

anyway, here's what's added

----version made specially for EU users

-UK style speedlimit sign

-housenumbers were reversed for EU users

-TMC shortcut

-sys.txt already fixed to reflect the device type and TMC icons

----signpost on/off setting

----fixed scheme button

----history shortcut onlongclick of the address button

----added a ROAD SIGN settings page for speedlimit sign, sign post, turn restriction

----i don't know if you guys noticed that the software bypass was already included since v2 and i just kept forgetting to mention it,

----there's a couple other stuff that i can't remember

instructions:

for newbies READ THE HACKS THREAD FIRST, don't just jump into doing a mod without enough knowledge,

1) first off this is not an auto installer,

2)extract files and transfer all files to a freshly formatted SD card

3)this already has testmode file so no need to add anything else

4)insert SD to unit,

5)boot up unit

***if this is your first time,PLEASE BACK UP YOUR FILES

6) copy DATA.ZIP, SYS.TXT, and DS-DIGI file to igo folder

7) to add a different scheme, add the contents of scheme folder to MYFLASHDISK\APL2\IGO\CONTENT\SCHEME

**IT'S MANDATORY TO DELETE THE SAVE FILES, it's in My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\iGo\save, everything should be deleted except for favourites.dat if you have it

8) once done copying turn off the unit, remove sd card and then turn unit on,

any comments, suggestions are welcome, i need more than one set of eyes to get this thing going

any donations thru paypal are very much appreciated http://juliusniiya@yahoo.com

here's the lnik ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/illdietrying/IDT%203.0/

for all your request, i will try and add them to my mod but just be patient as this thing consumes a lot of time,

Mega-bummer, Dude!!

That just sucks! All the best with getting it fixed/repaired/replaced/whatever. I hope the dealer comes through for you, Julius.

i just found out that there's a place here in the city that are certified repair shop by pioneer, i'll be bringing it in later, hopefully it wouldn't be that long

Hello,

Just using it for 3 days, here's my report :

- 1st, this is great improvement from Pioneer's original, much easy to use and to deal with, thanks for that.

then :

- I think it will be very good to have a "current speed" indicator always on in navigation window, just behing the "speed limit", so in one quick look you see what you're really dealing with about speed

- The letters and numbers in the two windows left down are very small to read (I use "time left to destination" and "current speed" but I prefer "km left to destination if you fix the upper quest :-) Why not the same dimension as in the "direction" window ?? or in bold??

pionee10.jpg

- Sometimes (don't know exactly when it happens), the background of these 2 windows disappear... so it 's impossible to read these informations , I have to restart the unit to have the background back...

pionee11.jpg

- In navigation mode, the lane indications "overwrite" the speed alerts... And as here in Belgium, we have exits every 3-5 km, with a speed cam just before and after most of the times, so I never see these speed limits indications...

pionee12.jpg

May be the speed limit should be smaller in the left part of the image just behing "stop" and "sound" buttons??

- and last, I cannot record the image position in 3D mode, the horizon line is too down, and if I try to put it alittle bit upper, this position is never reorded and immediately erased when I push any button...

pionee13.jpg

All of these are not so important but will be good improvements to me.

Thanks for our job, it's awesome

Franck

Hello,

- 1st, this is great improvement from Pioneer's original, much easy to use and to deal with, thanks for that.

then :

Franck

thanks for the comments and inputs and bug report,

- I think it will be very good to have a "current speed" indicator always on in navigation window, just behing the "speed limit", so in one quick look you see what you're really dealing with about speed

i'll figure a spot for the speed indicator during navigation

- The letters and numbers in the two windows left down are very small to read (I use "time left to destination" and "current speed" but I prefer "km left to destination if you fix the upper quest :-) Why not the same dimension as in the "direction" window ?? or in bold??

pionee10.jpg

i'll make them more visible on the next release

- Sometimes (don't know exactly when it happens), the background of these 2 windows disappear... so it 's impossible to read these informations , I have to restart the unit to have the background back...

pionee11.jpg

not sure what version you're using but as of v3.1 that should have been fixed, if you're using the 3.1 when you had this please report back so that i could take care of it, the only thing i could think of why it's acting like that is when the full screen map setting is turned on, but athoer than that it should have been fixed

- In navigation mode, the lane indications "overwrite" the speed alerts... And as here in Belgium, we have exits every 3-5 km, with a speed cam just before and after most of the times, so I never see these speed limits indications...

pionee12.jpg

this is something that i'm trying to figure out,

May be the speed limit should be smaller in the left part of the image just behing "stop" and "sound" buttons??

i'll think about it

- and last, I cannot record the image position in 3D mode, the horizon line is too down, and if I try to put it alittle bit upper, this position is never reorded and immediately erased when I push any button...

pionee13.jpg

could you clarify this

Hello,

then :

Franck

thanks for the comments and inputs and bug report,

i'll figure a spot for the speed indicator during navigation

pionee10.jpg

i'll make them more visible on the next release

pionee11.jpg

not sure what version you're using but as of v3.1 that should have been fixed, if you're using the 3.1 when you had this please report back so that i could take care of it, the only thing i could think of why it's acting like that is when the full screen map setting is turned on, but athoer than that it should have been fixed

pionee12.jpg

this is something that i'm trying to figure out,

i'll think about it

pionee13.jpg

could you clarify this

Hi, Thanks for your quick answer and continuous improvements.

I'm using 3.1 when this "disparition" occurs, with full screen map "on", so I will put it "off" to see what is happening...

For the horizon line, look at my 2nd pic, this is what I actually see. I prefer to see no sky and have a better road view angle as in pic 4. But when I edit this position with the arrows, it is not stored as "default". Each time I'm touching a button (physical on the F900 or virtual on the screen), the monitor goes back to pic 2.

Thanks

Franck

I'm using 3.1 when this "disparition" occurs, with full screen map "on", so I will put it "off" to see what is happening...

For the horizon line, look at my 2nd pic, this is what I actually see. I prefer to see no sky and have a better road view angle as in pic 4. But when I edit this position with the arrows, it is not stored as "default". Each time I'm touching a button (physical on the F900 or virtual on the screen), the monitor goes back to pic 2.

Thanks

Franck

setting the full screen map to off should fix that, i think i'll just have the full screen map setting taken out as i see no use for it now,

for the setting tilt setting to stick you have to play with it, just keep on setting it to your desired view and click hard button and see if it stays, i've noticed it ever since i got the pioneer update, i know for sure that the setting would stick as i have done it before but just can't remember the exact procedures i did but AFAIK you just have to play with it for it to stick

Thanks

Franck

Check and see if your smart zoom is turned on. I had this same problem and after I turned that off it didn't do it anymore.