AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

Hey IDT

been messing around with image files lately but i added the signpost script from your navigate 800 480.ui and it was successful, but what does this do?

;LANE INFO

Thanks

if you check out the picture on p40 you'll see some red and blue arrows on the right of the gps arrow, what it is is a simple version of the signpost

so do i need to add any bitmaps or anything else as well as the code in the navigate 800 480.ui?

I guess that is what the lane info/ guidance is?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey IDT

been messing around with image files lately but i added the signpost script from your navigate 800 480.ui and it was successful, but what does this do?

;LANE INFO

Thanks

if you check out the picture on p40 you'll see some red and blue arrows on the right of the gps arrow, what it is is a simple version of the signpost

so do i need to add any bitmaps or anything else as well as the code in the navigate 800 480.ui?

:evil:

you could just use the stock one, it's already referenced in the navigatemap.ui so no need to add anything else unless you want it to look like the ones on the picture

:evil:

you could just use the stock one, it's already referenced in the navigatemap.ui so no need to add anything else unless you want it to look like the ones on the picture

I dont know what they look like, do they only come up when in route? I will test and see.

Thanks

What are the green bullets that show up on the map? So far I have only seen them on the Interstate, but I just put in the v3 update and this mod. I'm not sure if they are part of the mod, or if they are part of 3.0. They are just round green filled in circles that show up at various points on the road while driving. When I reach one, it sometimes moves further up the road. It's not always there however. " end quote

With the msn activated, these dots tell you how the traffic is flowing. Green means ok. A yellow dot with a number in it will let you know the traffic is slowed and at what average speed it's moving. A red dots tell you the traffic is stopped. If you have turned on the feature to use this information, the nav sys will reroute you if the alternates appear to be a better route.

Thanks IDT for your great mods, especially for euro versions, which surely cause you lot of extra work! I will soon send you some cash for all your hard work. Your mod is nearly perfect, there's only two things I'm missing from your mods (I can propably add these by myself too): house numbers and different type of arrow showing route when navigating.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 9&start=30

House number view in this mod is really useful, so maybe you will add similar function to your mod, too? Also, I tried this mod on my AVIC and although route arrow in screenshots of that thread is similar with route arrow in your mod, route arrow looked like this in my AVIC:

4801734.jpg

So I'm wondering how to change route arrow to look like that?

That example picture I posted is not from my avic, just example to show what type of route arrow I had with Sven's mod.

the house numbers are included in the data.zip, pressing the current street will show the housenumbers and pressing the housenumbers will hide it

Hmm...I tested this yesterday and house numbers show in wrong sides of street (I'm using your mod V3.5 europe), is this bug in mod or are house numbers included in map, so this were error in map itself?

Also I have two other strange issues:

1. I'm living in Finland which is bilingual country (we have finnish and swedish as official languages). Somehow f.ex. most of streets near my home show in swedish, which is "secondary" language in Finland, although all regional settings are set to finnish/Finland. I installed same map that I have in my windows mobile-based phone (it has iGo 8.3 too), but problem still remains with Avic but iGo in my phone shows all street names in finnish. I'll have propably try to reset save-folder once if this might fix this problem.

2. When I installed unmodded version of Pioneer 3.0 update, it shows me one lane sign near my home (its on smaller street, not on highway), after installing your mod this sign doesn't show anymore. I've tried with two different map versions and this lane sign doesn't show but I haven't tested in highway yet, so I dont know if problem is only with this sign or are all signs missing. AFAIK signs should work by default with your mod, no need to enable them separately?

Thanks IDT.

Seems like you solved one of my pet peeves, to go to blank screen from the main screen GREAT!

Now that your the man is it possible to put on the main screen a BT button instead of pushing the volume knob on the unit,( I always seem to change channels on the radio when I press that knob very distracting) also remove the nag screen before the map and the dvd player.

Keep up the exellent work.

i will post EU and MSN version as soon as someone has confirmed that the signpost and camera are all working as they should

has this happened yet?

...no MSN version posted, so I havent tried the 3.0v4 BETA yet.... need IDT 3.0v4 MSN.zip .... :roll:

k

almost done bro, i had some last minute additions, some more tweaking and it'll be ready, might be tonight or tomorrow afternoon

Hmm...I tested this yesterday and house numbers show in wrong sides of street (I'm using your mod V3.5 europe), is this bug in mod or are house numbers included in map, so this were error in map itself?

Also I have two other strange issues:

1. I'm living in Finland which is bilingual country (we have finnish and swedish as official languages). Somehow f.ex. most of streets near my home show in swedish, which is "secondary" language in Finland, although all regional settings are set to finnish/Finland. I installed same map that I have in my windows mobile-based phone (it has iGo 8.3 too), but problem still remains with Avic but iGo in my phone shows all street names in finnish. I'll have propably try to reset save-folder once if this might fix this problem.

2. When I installed unmodded version of Pioneer 3.0 update, it shows me one lane sign near my home (its on smaller street, not on highway), after installing your mod this sign doesn't show anymore. I've tried with two different map versions and this lane sign doesn't show but I haven't tested in highway yet, so I dont know if problem is only with this sign or are all signs missing. AFAIK signs should work by default with your mod, no need to enable them separately?

the the map is responsible for the house numbers, what i currently do with my EU release is i just switch the textmodels,

1) try deleting the contents of the saved folder and let me know if it works

2)the lane guidance is being covered by the signpost, everything is fixed on v4, next release will be up soon,