AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

thanks idt... i just realized this morning that it is the trip computer as well! so i no longer want it gone.. im going to mess with it after work today.. i would like it to only show when there is a route. also is there a database of speed limits? or a way to change them directly in the nav? seems like many in my area are wrong.

thanks

not sure if there's any and you can't change them directly on the nav screen although there's a work around for it,

Can you edit the map files to add/edit speed limits for certain roads?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks idt... i just realized this morning that it is the trip computer as well! so i no longer want it gone.. im going to mess with it after work today.. i would like it to only show when there is a route. also is there a database of speed limits? or a way to change them directly in the nav? seems like many in my area are wrong.

thanks

not sure if there's any and you can't change them directly on the nav screen although there's a work around for it,

Can you edit the map files to add/edit speed limits for certain roads?

you can't edit the map files as well as add speed limits, what i did for the 2.0 mod that i had was take whatever speedlimit the map data has and then convert it to the right value through a script,

thats sucks i kind of figured they were built into the map files themselves because the little searching i did last nite i came up with nothing... does anyone know it TeleAtlas has an online form to submit needed changes to their maps? and i am taking back that i wanted to remove the current speed (i just moved it).. ive been using your mod for2 days... i finally got around to using it to navigate somewhere... its awesome!

you can't edit the map files as well as add speed limits, what i did for the 2.0 mod that i had was take whatever speedlimit the map data has and then convert it to the right value through a script,

i just reread what you said. so basically you cant edit them from the files on your pc.. but with a script/added menu you can edit them? ive noticed nothing happens when you press the speed limit sign.. is it possible to add in a menu to allow you to edit the speed limit when you press the sign on the nav?

i just reread what you said. so basically you cant edit them from the files on your pc.. but with a script/added menu you can edit them? ive noticed nothing happens when you press the speed limit sign.. is it possible to add in a menu to allow you to edit the speed limit when you press the sign on the nav?

i guess i got you confused, what i did with two was added a script that converts the speedlimit value and displays the converted, the actual speedlimit is no longer used for any other script, the display you'll see on your nav screen is a text and that text is being set by the script,

here's an example,

runif navigation.current.speed.limit value > 161 'text_speedfix.set 90 " 

this is not the actual script but as you can see the text-speedfix is just a text that's being controlled by the actual speed limit value

thats sucks i kind of figured they were built into the map files themselves because the little searching i did last nite i came up with nothing... does anyone know it TeleAtlas has an online form to submit needed changes to their maps? and i am taking back that i wanted to remove the current speed (i just moved it).. ive been using your mod for2 days... i finally got around to using it to navigate somewhere... its awesome!

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

sweet! everyone should add this as a favorite in your favorite browser and start making edits! i know i will!

your mod is very similar to CMH's and I am thinking of reverse ebgineering your file and adding my items into it.

not sure who's your message for? CMH used my mods as his base that's why they look similar,

Yes I remember, I used a combo of yours and his. I will begin to do this tomorrow. If i add a ; in front of text it will not effect the .ui files?

I plan on adding ";DIFFERENT THAN IDT" wherever i change the code so whenever you make a change, it will be easy for me to incorporate and maybe the trip compuetr will work.

UPDATE

-added a custom audible alert (this is now where you select the spoken alert setting)

-added speedcam spoken alert volume slider

-added beep warning distance

-when adding a speedcamera instead of having the kph on top of the mph speed i just had it to display appropriate units depending on your regional unit

-fixed time and date color

-map color shortcut onlongclick of day/night scheme button

-moved lane guidance to the right

-added zoom control button on planmode screen

-fixed problem with the speedcamera warning box not showing up (from v4 BETA)

-schemes that are attached to the download were all edited to include clip_plane part

-added housenumber background for better visibility

-fixed roundabout number not being centered

-navigation cruise page when time/compass area is pressed (onrelease=simple and onlongclick=advanced) extracted from gj skin

currently i'm still trying to figure out the best way to hide camera warning box when sign boards are available

1) first off this is not an auto installer,

2)extract files and transfer all files to a freshly formatted SD card (for F500 users, you have to edit the device type part first to reflect the device type of the F500 before transfering it to the SD)

3)this already has testmode file so no need to add anything else

4)insert SD to unit,

5)boot up unit

***if this is your first time,PLEASE BACK UP YOUR FILES

6) copy DATA.ZIP, SYS.TXT, and DS-DIGI file to igo folder

7) to add a different scheme, add the contents of scheme folder to MYFLASHDISK\APL2\IGO\CONTENT\SCHEME

**IT'S MANDATORY TO DELETE THE SAVE FILES, it's in My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\iGo\save, everything should be deleted except for favourites.dat if you have it

8) once done copying turn off the unit, remove sd card and then turn unit on,

any comments, suggestions are welcome, i need more than one set of eyes to get this thing going

any donations thru paypal are very much appreciated juliusniiya@yahoo.com

here's the lnik ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/illdietrying/IDT%203.0/

post-26677-12872758931554_thumb.jpg

post-26677-12872758932528_thumb.jpg

post-26677-12872758933296_thumb.jpg

Excellent-looking v4.3, IDT! Can't wait to get it installed.

In answer to your question (in response to my issue with the speed limits showing up incorrectly), it was on Trans-Canada Hwy. on Vancouver Island - 90km/h speed limit was showing as 145 on the box.

I installed the tele-atlas 2009 maps (someone on one of these threads had posted a 14-part .rar archive). You thinking it's time to start over and re-load a full MY FLASH DISK backup?

'cause that's what I'm thinking. ;)