AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

Thank IDT. I have the same maps in both MAPS and map_nt folders, I assume that is ok. I am still not able to access the nav system now though it doesn't reboot, it just reverts back to whatever music screen I was on. This is no matter if I try to access the map button or navi setting. The other interesting thing is that when I restart the AVIC, I hear a Windows start up sound.

I have modded the sys text and will see if that will work. If in US, I am use the Data and sys from the 5.5 standard download, from the standard only folder (not eu or MSN as I don't use MSN)

If you don't have any ideas on this, i am just gonna reformat the whole nav and let it be. No biggie.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank IDT. I have the same maps in both MAPS and map_nt folders, I assume that is ok. I am still not able to access the nav system now though it doesn't reboot, it just reverts back to whatever music screen I was on. This is no matter if I try to access the map button or navi setting. The other interesting thing is that when I restart the AVIC, I hear a Windows start up sound.

I have modded the sys text and will see if that will work. If in US, I am use the Data and sys from the 5.5 standard download, from the standard only folder (not eu or MSN as I don't use MSN)

If you don't have any ideas on this, i am just gonna reformat the whole nav and let it be. No biggie.

Sir,

there is one way to find out about your problem. let me explain;

when you start you vehicle and your HU is starting up, wait until you see the Main screen with the little warning sign and click setting on the bottom right corner and then click navigation. If there is a problem, you would see a little error windows. (i.e, can't find maps, or something like that)

For the maps, if you want to use navteq, put your navteq maps and basemap file on your map_nt folder.

the windows start up sound actually is kinda like a confirmation that the navi part botoed properly, have you tried just using the sys.txt included in the download?

Eyah, just tried. No go. It actually caused a hard reboot, not sure if it is the sys or the data. Not getting the windows sound now though, but am getting a little screen quickly that says application (or something like that) not found. It is too quick for me to read.

So these have to be Navteq maps? I may have teleatlas, I don't remember and cant check cause ican't access that part of the navi.

to figue:

it won't let me that far, once i click settings, it reboots.

Eyah, just tried. No go. It actually caused a hard reboot, not sure if it is the sys or the data. Not getting the windows sound now though, but am getting a little screen quickly that says application (or something like that) not found. It is too quick for me to read.

So these have to be Navteq maps? I may have teleatlas, I don't remember and cant check cause ican't access that part of the navi.

to figue:

it won't let me that far, once i click settings, it reboots.

try deleting the contents of the save folder,

OK, I deleted that last night, but went back in there was stuff there again, so i deleted it.

I loaded the data and sys from the new standard folder. On reboot, it loaded the maps when the map button was pressed and set the time and date automatically (got the windows sound back too). But when I went to the setting button on menu, it rebooted again (did not shut everything down (XM still played) ). Now it won't access the maps either. It did this this morning too. So I know I must be close.

Just to check again, I have MAP and map_nt with the same maps and basemap in them, is this ok?

extension folder, I use gallons, so changes the fuelcalc files and also has map changer and restart in there, right. I haven't changed anything else but those and the data and sys, and even reverting back tot he backed up files does this.

OK, I deleted that last night, but went back in there was stuff there again, so i deleted it.

everytime you go into testmode it's advisable to clear up the contents of the save folder

I loaded the data and sys from the new standard folder. On reboot, it loaded the maps when the map button was pressed and set the time and date automatically (got the windows sound back too). But when I went to the setting button on menu, it rebooted again (did not shut everything down (XM still played) ). Now it won't access the maps either. It did this this morning too. So I know I must be close.

this is strange,

Just to check again, I have MAP and map_nt with the same maps and basemap in them, is this ok?

try just having basemap.fbl in the map_nt folder

extension folder, I use gallons, so changes the fuelcalc files and also has map changer and restart in there, right. I haven't changed anything else but those and the data and sys, and even reverting back tot he backed up files does this.

what unit are you using?

Is there any files or folders I could have modded that the Data or Sys communicate with?

not sure about this,

IS there a log collector or file that gets placed in the unit that I can pull that igves errors in a text format?

i think crash file in the igo folder does that,

try this, go to testmode and run ezrider.exe from there and see if it throws an error, if it does let me know what it says, if it doesn't it means that some files other than the navi files are corrupted,

OK, I ran ezrider, it ran some checks, then said starting and rebooted back into testmode so I assume that is correct.

I copied the crash file over to the sd card and will see what that says tonight.

The folder I was thinking of earlier was the gfx folder. I thought there was one in the apl2 folder, but mine is missing now.

The biggest thing that sucks is that I haven't entered testmode since last october when the last skin 1 was released, so it has been awhile for me to remember what hacks and mods I made to the system and such.

OK, I ran ezrider, it ran some checks, then said starting and rebooted back into testmode so I assume that is correct.

I copied the crash file over to the sd card and will see what that says tonight.

The folder I was thinking of earlier was the gfx folder. I thought there was one in the apl2 folder, but mine is missing now.

The biggest thing that sucks is that I haven't entered testmode since last october when the last skin 1 was released, so it has been awhile for me to remember what hacks and mods I made to the system and such.

are you using DPDURST themes? that is the only reason why you should have gfx folder in there (and it's not in the apl2 folder but in apl2\iGo\folder)

yeah, youre right, so many commands and folders, I forget easily. :lol:

No, not using this theme i don't think, been awhile since I used it. I did add the sun and moon last year and thought there was a gfx folder in there, maybe not.

I think I will just redo another apl2 fodler on my computer loading the data and sys and maps, etc...then just replace the one on the AVIC with that one and see what happens, something is corrupt and i don't know what it is .