AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

Just so you know that I am on 3.01 and it looks like some things are a little different. Now all I did was plop all the files onto an SD card, copied them over, booted it up and started a route home. I did not actually drive anyplace. The only thing I noticed was there are some things missing based on your screen shots while on a route. The two individual boxes showing what I think is distance and time to destination are not there. The box to the right of where those are supposed to be showing current street was off to the right by itself with the larger box showing next street below it. Everything else at a cursory glance looked good.

Hope this helps!

could you check if full screen map option is on? if it is turn it off then let me know if problem still persist

Hey IDT-

I figured it out. It's actually because of the units of measure. I remembered in your screen shots that you used KM. When I switch from miles to kilometers they come up on te screen correctly.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, IDT, I thought I'd share some glitches with mine:

I set up all of the warnings for the speedcams before going down the road to check this out. I set the audible alerts, visual and voice. When it approached a known speedcam location as was downloaded by the speedcam.txt and .spud files, as soon as it got within range the unit would immediately start to reboot BUT if I put in my own cam it would read it and do all of the **normal** alerts just fine so it seems to have something to do with the original, unedited speedcams. Also, even if I shut it off and restart the speedcam sound defaults to "disabled" every time but everything else stays to the settings I choose.

The speed limit that I chose by the slider bar (example 50KPH/31MPH) for a particular camera it will read that number in "Miles Per Hour" and not KPH..I am here in the states :) It would be nice if I saw just one speed selection --in US units--.

I also had to add my clip_planes.ini file because I am running all of the previous schemes. I also had to add nightguidanance_arrow(bmp & spr) so that these would work.

Getting close!

Thanx,

Bud

Hey, IDT, I thought I'd share some glitches with mine:

I set up all of the warnings for the speedcams before going down the road to check this out. I set the audible alerts, visual and voice. When it approached a known speedcam location as was downloaded by the speedcam.txt and .spud files, as soon as it got within range the unit would immediately start to reboot BUT if I put in my own cam it would read it and do all of the **normal** alerts just fine so it seems to have something to do with the original, unedited speedcams. Also, even if I shut it off and restart the speedcam sound defaults to "disabled" every time but everything else stays to the settings I choose.

i'll look into it

The speed limit that I chose by the slider bar (example 50KPH/31MPH) for a particular camera it will read that number in "Miles Per Hour" and not KPH..I am here in the states :) It would be nice if I saw just one speed selection --in US units--.

I also had to add my clip_planes.ini file because I am running all of the previous schemes. I also had to add nightguidanance_arrow(bmp & spr) so that these would work.

the reason for having two values is because with the original set up, even if you have it set at 50mph the voice alert would still read it at 30mph, the warning voice is dependent on your unit settings, so for the example you have 50KPH/31MPH will say 50KPH if your units is set to km and will say 30MPH if your unit is set to MPH, i don't know if my explanation is clear but all it is is your speedcam is dependent on your unit setting

Thanks "ill.die.trying" ,

i just recently added the 3.0 FW and now this ....

Really thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in to making our systems work the way the should of been since the first day i purchased the deck. i had Modded my DATA before but just screwed everything up , i don't have an complains and its the best look so far not to say the easier it is to navigate with it . THANKS AGAIN

Thanks "ill.die.trying" ,

i just recently added the 3.0 FW and now this ....

Really thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in to making our systems work the way the should of been since the first day i purchased the deck. i had Modded my DATA before but just screwed everything up , i don't have an complains and its the best look so far not to say the easier it is to navigate with it . THANKS AGAIN

no prob

Hey IDT, I want the defaul tilt to show a little less sky, which one of the variables do I adjust?

3d_max_tiltlevel=10000

3d_max_zoomlevel=1500

I'd like to zoom in a bit more and adjust so I see about half as much sky, then make the arrow larger.

To do this, should I adjust the zoom level to 1200, then the tilt level to about 8000?

Then I'll make the 3dcarsizemin=3500 to increase the size of the arrow?

Thanks in advance!

was the software bypass implemented on the data.zip file? It does not seem so as I get the error message telling me to check my wiring. Other than that it all seems to work well.

sorry i forgot to add that part, v2 will be up soon, if you're comfortable with changing it please do so