New Branding Zip File Download

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 flyboyindy

flyboyindy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:19 AM

Well, I finally took the time to add my favorite icons that were not on the updated Branding.zip file that was posted earlier. I now have icons to a lot of the businesses that didnt have icons, and I cleaned up the one ones that looked kinda fuzzy like McDonalds and Starbucks. If you would like to request an icon, please send a 50x50 pixel jpeg of the logo you want me to add. I am going to just replace a lot of the European stuff, and you will have to manually add these.

Please dont send me a list of like 50 items, just a few that you are really wanting to see. I will work on this until August 15th, and then I will post the new updated file...

#2 DonMac21

DonMac21

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:44 PM

A nice how to guide and what programs you use to add icons would be nice.
I have tried to add icons but when I add it to the unit the unit crashes, so I load up the one I downloaded from this site. Editing the poi.icons file is no problem I think ?, but editing the .bmp files is where I think my problems are.

#3 flyboyindy

flyboyindy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:46 PM

Well, I basically just stumbled upon in on accident. I wanted to see if there were simple files you could edit, but when I made changes, like you, I had crashes, or they wouldnt show up. So I just started editing the "strips" of icons using Photoshop Elements. The key was to save the bmp's as 24bit and not 32 or 16. I dont think you can do it in simple programs like MS paint.

Anyway, I have finished my first set of revisions deleting a lot of places that we dont have in the midwest, and fixing up some logos. Here is what I added or updated:

Download Link: http://rapidshare.co...anding.zip.html

On The Border
Starbucks
Taco Bell
Panera
Buffalo Wild Wings
McDonalds
Burger King
Panda Express
Meijer Gas
Culvers
Hooters
White Castle
O Charleys
Wendys
Sonic
Don Pablos
Bucca D'Beppo
Bob Evans
Popeyes
Dave and Busters
Rallys
Walmart (new logo)
Olive Garden
Donatos
Tim Horton
Fazolis

#4 BorisM

BorisM

Established Member

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationChicago, the land of corruption

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:57 AM

Anyway, I have finished my first set of revisions deleting a lot of places that we dont have in the midwest, and fixing up some logos. Here is what I added or updated:

You wouldn't happen to have one with all the icons as well? Memory usage difference is pretty small, and I'd rather have icons everywhere...

#5 bsnively

bsnively

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:48 PM

This is a silly question, but how does one install this?

Thanks,
Ben

#6 BorisM

BorisM

Established Member

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationChicago, the land of corruption

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:29 PM

This is a silly question, but how does one install this?

Thanks,
Ben

Copy branding.zip to main iGO directory.

#7 diaftia

diaftia

Established Member

• Members
  • 1269 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

You wouldn't happen to have one with all the icons as well? Memory usage difference is pretty small, and I'd rather have icons everywhere...

Agreed... if you could have the full list of icons then I could include it in my mod pack for everyone to use. Right now it might be too specific to region. I will probably use it myself though. :) Nice work!
Join my new AVIC facebook group to show you are a fan of the AVIC!
http://www.facebook....gid=42760514227

#8 dashtwo

dashtwo

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:54 PM

just to clarify,
all i need to do is copy this branding file into the iGo folder and this will work on 3.0? nothing else?
thanks guys

#9 diaftia

diaftia

Established Member

• Members
  • 1269 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:04 PM

just to clarify,
all i need to do is copy this branding file into the iGo folder and this will work on 3.0? nothing else?
thanks guys

Yes. There is one there already with less icons in it. You are just replacing it with a larger one with more unique images.
Join my new AVIC facebook group to show you are a fan of the AVIC!
http://www.facebook....gid=42760514227

#10 flyboyindy

flyboyindy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:51 AM

Most of the items I replaced I have never seen anywhere in the country... I think many of them were European icons...

#11 Hube2002

Hube2002

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationHeart of the South U.S.A.

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:56 AM

Well, I basically just stumbled upon in on accident. I wanted to see if there were simple files you could edit, but when I made changes, like you, I had crashes, or they wouldnt show up. So I just started editing the "strips" of icons using Photoshop Elements. The key was to save the bmp's as 24bit and not 32 or 16. I dont think you can do it in simple programs like MS paint.

Can someone expand on this? I have PS CS3 and I can open the icon strip and enlarge it, then I place a new bmp over an existing one or at the bottom where there are blanks, I save it as 24 bit, it overwrites the existing fast food bmp, then updates the files in the zip file but it does not show up in the icon screen. I double checked the strip and the icon I created is there.

Can you provide a how to for me? I have about 15-20 Icons I would like to add and I would update some existing ones.
Hube2002

2006 F-150 King Ranch
Avic F-900BT

#12 VBLUE42

VBLUE42

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 8798 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:55 AM

It is much more complicated then that.

2010 SCION TC, iPhone 5, SPH-DA100 APPRADIO 2, APPRADIO EXTENSIONS, ROCKFORD FOSGATE 3SIXTY.2 PROCESSOR, POLK DXI 6500 COMPONENTS IN FRONT, JL AUDIO SEALED POWER WEDGE 12" SUB, SMITH & WESSON.

#13 thextreme1

thextreme1

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

I'd like to see(forgive me if I copy a few that may already be included, as I havent been here for a while):

Ruby Tuesday
Long John Silvers
Food Lion
PetSmart
Petco
Superfresh
5 Guys Burger And Fries
Boscovs
Gamestop
Hardee's
Arby's
Sams Club
Chilis
Rite Aid
Golden Corral
Kmart
Some Generic Icon for CHinese restaurants.
TGI Fridays
Applebys
Wendys
RadioShack
Sears
Macys
Generic for Movie Theaters(Maybe a separate icon for the few surviving drive in theaters across the US)
Lowes
Home Depot

Again, I am sure some of these are in already.. I just havent been around in some time(My business is 7 days a week now). I could probably think of a million. But it is really nice to have these icons up on the screen, making it easy to find all of the places the wife and I enjoy with ease.

I appreciate all of your work in helping to make the Avic series of units the best they can be. You should be working at Pioneer. Between you and others on this board, we could have the ultimate unit that would never need replaced for the life of the person who owns it.

Thanks again!

#14 shawnmos

shawnmos

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:03 AM

I put in the new branding file but it doesn't look like they are all there. Also is it possible to get POIs to show up on the map?

#15 VBLUE42

VBLUE42

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 8798 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Does anyone have a copy of this file they could email to me? Thanks.

2010 SCION TC, iPhone 5, SPH-DA100 APPRADIO 2, APPRADIO EXTENSIONS, ROCKFORD FOSGATE 3SIXTY.2 PROCESSOR, POLK DXI 6500 COMPONENTS IN FRONT, JL AUDIO SEALED POWER WEDGE 12" SUB, SMITH & WESSON.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users