AVIC411.com

New Branding Zip File Download

Well, I finally took the time to add my favorite icons that were not on the updated Branding.zip file that was posted earlier. I now have icons to a lot of the businesses that didnt have icons, and I cleaned up the one ones that looked kinda fuzzy like McDonalds and Starbucks. If you would like to request an icon, please send a 50x50 pixel jpeg of the logo you want me to add. I am going to just replace a lot of the European stuff, and you will have to manually add these.

Please dont send me a list of like 50 items, just a few that you are really wanting to see. I will work on this until August 15th, and then I will post the new updated file...

A nice how to guide and what programs you use to add icons would be nice.

I have tried to add icons but when I add it to the unit the unit crashes, so I load up the one I downloaded from this site. Editing the poi.icons file is no problem I think ?, but editing the .bmp files is where I think my problems are.

Well, I basically just stumbled upon in on accident. I wanted to see if there were simple files you could edit, but when I made changes, like you, I had crashes, or they wouldnt show up. So I just started editing the "strips" of icons using Photoshop Elements. The key was to save the bmp's as 24bit and not 32 or 16. I dont think you can do it in simple programs like MS paint.

Anyway, I have finished my first set of revisions deleting a lot of places that we dont have in the midwest, and fixing up some logos. Here is what I added or updated:

Download Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/265242298/Branding.zip.html

On The Border

Starbucks

Taco Bell

Panera

Buffalo Wild Wings

McDonalds

Burger King

Panda Express

Meijer Gas

Culvers

Hooters

White Castle

O Charleys

Wendys

Sonic

Don Pablos

Bucca D'Beppo

Bob Evans

Popeyes

Dave and Busters

Rallys

Walmart (new logo)

Olive Garden

Donatos

Tim Horton

Fazolis

Anyway, I have finished my first set of revisions deleting a lot of places that we dont have in the midwest, and fixing up some logos. Here is what I added or updated:

You wouldn't happen to have one with all the icons as well? Memory usage difference is pretty small, and I'd rather have icons everywhere...

You wouldn't happen to have one with all the icons as well? Memory usage difference is pretty small, and I'd rather have icons everywhere...

Agreed... if you could have the full list of icons then I could include it in my mod pack for everyone to use. Right now it might be too specific to region. I will probably use it myself though. :) Nice work!

just to clarify,

all i need to do is copy this branding file into the iGo folder and this will work on 3.0? nothing else?

thanks guys

Yes. There is one there already with less icons in it. You are just replacing it with a larger one with more unique images.

• 7 months later...
Well, I basically just stumbled upon in on accident. I wanted to see if there were simple files you could edit, but when I made changes, like you, I had crashes, or they wouldnt show up. So I just started editing the "strips" of icons using Photoshop Elements. The key was to save the bmp's as 24bit and not 32 or 16. I dont think you can do it in simple programs like MS paint.

Can someone expand on this? I have PS CS3 and I can open the icon strip and enlarge it, then I place a new bmp over an existing one or at the bottom where there are blanks, I save it as 24 bit, it overwrites the existing fast food bmp, then updates the files in the zip file but it does not show up in the icon screen. I double checked the strip and the icon I created is there.

Can you provide a how to for me? I have about 15-20 Icons I would like to add and I would update some existing ones.

• 4 months later...

I'd like to see(forgive me if I copy a few that may already be included, as I havent been here for a while):

Ruby Tuesday

Long John Silvers

Food Lion

PetSmart

Petco

Superfresh

5 Guys Burger And Fries

Boscovs

Gamestop

Hardee's

Arby's

Sams Club

Chilis

Rite Aid

Golden Corral

Kmart

Some Generic Icon for CHinese restaurants.

TGI Fridays

Applebys

Wendys

RadioShack

Sears

Macys

Generic for Movie Theaters(Maybe a separate icon for the few surviving drive in theaters across the US)

Lowes

Home Depot

Again, I am sure some of these are in already.. I just havent been around in some time(My business is 7 days a week now). I could probably think of a million. But it is really nice to have these icons up on the screen, making it easy to find all of the places the wife and I enjoy with ease.

I appreciate all of your work in helping to make the Avic series of units the best they can be. You should be working at Pioneer. Between you and others on this board, we could have the ultimate unit that would never need replaced for the life of the person who owns it.

Thanks again!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...