AVIC411.com

Anyway to get rid of the caution screen "ok" on bootup?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of the caution screen everytime you boot the pioneer unit up. You have to click "Ok" everytime you turn the car on when the unit boots up. Is there anyway to get rid of that screen? Thanks.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Why would having to hit one "OK" button bother anyone in the first place? Maybe they will just invent an "Easy Button" you can hit every morning that is tied to turning your alarm clock off...That way you have killed two birds with one stone...A) You turn your alarm off...B) You have initiated the button that drastically simplifies your life and erradicates any possible "pet peave" situations you may encounter during the day...

Here are your options for NOT having to see or touch the "OK" button when you boot up the unit..

1) Leave it in A/V mode instead of NAV mode when you shut the car off...Then you won't have to hit that darn button until you go into NAV mode at some point..

2) Find a phillips head screwdriver, take your dash apart, remove the head unit, and buy one that does not have Navigation....Even mobile Garmins have the "Warning/OK" on first bootup...

That's a disclaimer so they are not responisble for your violent death on the highway when you are staring at their technology and not the road...You know somewhere in the world some greedy ass lawyer would jump all over the opportunity to sue Pioneer for some poor bastard dying on the freeway because he wasn't fully aware of the fact he shouldn't be updating his route while driving or that Pioneer allowed us to bypass that warning in the first place...

Peace ~ HFoM

• 3 months later...

I can tell you one reason having to hit the OK button is an issue. I'm disable and drive with a joystick system. I can't reach the dash and bought my AVIC Z2 because it allows me to do pretty much everything by voice. I can trigger the voice with an IR remote that is hooked up to a system I control with my head.

I do leave the AVIC on the AV screen and cause use all the audio and bluetooth. However I can only use the navigation if I get someone else to hit that damn "OK" button! I guess I could try a nerf dart gun.

• 2 weeks later...
I can tell you one reason having to hit the OK button is an issue. I'm disable and drive with a joystick system. I can't reach the dash and bought my AVIC Z2 because it allows me to do pretty much everything by voice. I can trigger the voice with an IR remote that is hooked up to a system I control with my head.

I do leave the AVIC on the AV screen and cause use all the audio and bluetooth. However I can only use the navigation if I get someone else to hit that damn "OK" button! I guess I could try a nerf dart gun.

About the only way that I know of, to avoid having to hit the OK button every time, Is to put in a destination that you most probably will not be visiting... and leave it on....

Sucks... I know....