AVIC411.com

Anyway to get rid of the caution screen "ok" on bootup?

If I remember correctly there was some indication that Pionaras was scamming people or something to that affect. I myself got several PMs from people requesting me to delete his threads. I wasn't the one however that made him disappear. JasonH is the one to contact on this matter.

That doesn't sound right and there was nothing in the Nag screen removal thread that even had the whiff of a scam or solicitation by Pionara.  But I have several times expressed frustration/anger saying Condi's hackmode should be taken down because it bricks lots of people's HUs. I hope that didn't get lost in translation.  All that was needed for the nag screen removal was Testmode.key and a hex editor.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

re: getting rid of nag screen

On 5.1 firmware (available for Z140 - but the application update portion can be applied to any unit upgraded to 2013/5.0 - I just applied to my Z130)

Navi.exe at offset BE9A4 (version 5.1):

change 05 00 00 0A to 00 00 A0 E1

update: just verified this is working

Edited by pionara

Which file are you modding?  RenewalIFLib.dll?

On 5.1 firmware (available for Z140 - but the application update portion can be applied to any unit upgraded to 2013/5.0 - I just applied to my Z130)

at offset BE9A4 (version 5.1):

change 05 00 00 0A to 00 00 A0 E1

update: just verified this is working

navi.exe - to get rid of nag screen… updated post

And for those of us who haven't done the upgrade yet, can we make the mod to the file in the distribution before we install it?

Thanks.  John

it's theoretically possible to pre-mod the file, and use the update mechanism to deploy it..

You would need to edit the EU090APL.VER file which is a "manifest" of files included in the update(including maybe size, but crc32 i think). I recall posting what I discovered in some other threads long ago, but it's too much work when you can just redeploy the patched file through testmode or testmode script after you do the 2013 update, then the 5.1 update.

PS for the 5.1 update one can remove the TESTMODE.KEY and FIRMWARE folder, only leaving AVICZ110 folder with the application update, if you do not have the Z140, but some other upgraded system, say like z130,x930, etc). The testmode.key is for doing a ucom firmware update which only works on specific hardware model (z140), and the BT FW update is already 3.32 i think.

So after we upgrade the 130bt with 2013 firmware & map, how do I get the navi.exe out to hex edit it and to put it back?

I did this last year with 2012 but I forgot the procedure. Lol.

after you have 2013/5.0 installed,

get the 5.1 update from pioneer site for z140 and install that.

take the navi.exe from the 5.1 update, mod it, then put it on usb or sd with testmode.key, and use file maintenance (file manager) to copy over to your unit.

recall that if USER/PRG.FLG is present the unit is booting sw in USER/PRG1 instead of USER/PRG0

recall that you will need to delete target navi.exe before copying…

Thanks for the info Pionara.

I downloaded the 5.1 firmware update from their website.  The instruction (from their website) said to copy the "AVICZ110" and "TESTMODE.KEY" into the SD card and proceed with the upgrade.  There's also the folder "FIRMWARE" in the same zip file as well.  Should I put that folder on the SD card as well?   The instruction never say anything about that folder...I'm wondering what to do with it. Thanks.

it's theoretically possible to pre-mod the file, and use the update mechanism to deploy it..
You would need to edit the EU090APL.VER file which is a "manifest" of files included in the update(including maybe size, but crc32 i think). I recall posting what I discovered in some other threads long ago, but it's too much work when you can just redeploy the patched file through testmode or testmode script after you do the 2013 update, then the 5.1 update.

PS for the 5.1 update one can remove the TESTMODE.KEY and FIRMWARE folder, only leaving AVICZ110 folder with the application update, if you do not have the Z140, but some other upgraded system, say like z130,x930, etc). The testmode.key is for doing a ucom firmware update which only works on specific hardware model (z140), and the BT FW update is already 3.32 i think.

Okay, all is good with the z130 ...  5.1 and no nag screen :)

Pre-modding didn't work ... as you thought, the .VER file must have checksum info per file.  The install made it a dozen or two files into the copy and then posted a failure.  And the .VER file is a binary, so no idea how to read those numbers.

Removing FIRMWARE and TESTMODE.KEY worked fine ... no messages about uCOM ... just an app update.

I had to use my original TESTMODE.KEY file to get the file maintenance menu.  The file distributed with the 5.1 firmware release just gives you a uCOM update screen.

I'm still not sure what App 5.1 gives you on a non-z140 ... None of the features listed in the instructions seemed to be there.  The App version says 5.1 though.