AVIC411.com

Anyway to get rid of the caution screen "ok" on bootup?

Stupid OK button:

- Start my car, unit is in A/V mode. OK prompt is not showing.

- Drive for a while decide to make a call, doesn't work.

- Switch to NAV mode see the OK button sitting there.

- Hit OK button, still can't make a call until it updates.

- Ok, now I can finally make the call. My called party tells me the voice quality is terrible and it sounds like I'm in a noisy aircraft cockpit.

One gets the impression none of the designers at Pioneer every actually use their own products. If they did, they wouldn't allow them out the door.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

This question has been asked and answered a hundred times now. The answer is no.

Those that said no are idoits and have never been through another part of this site.

I recently upgraded from a f900bt to a z110 and i had this hack and it worked beautifuly so it is possible we just need to get carver a z110 and we will all be happier. so before you go spouting off no's you should do some reasearch and not be such an ass to a person that is just trying to find a person who knows what going on.

Currently its not possible on the Z series and there is no currant expectation that this series will ever be hacked so the answer to his question is still NO. Now you're the idiot and if you want to remain on this forum you might want to watch who you lob insults at.

Those that said no are idoits and have never been through another part of this site.

I was on that part of the site and a part of its development with the hacks back in the early days long before you ever reared your noob head so you might want to check your facts in the future. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

I wish there was a way to remove this screen as well, maybe someday someone will hack the z110bt+ firmware to do this.

He didn't call anyone an idiot...he called them "idoits"

Not much credibility linking to a post about F900 series, I think someone needs to do their research before they post.

I recently upgraded from a f900bt to a z110 and i had this hack and it worked beautifuly so it is possible we just need to get carver a z110 and we will all be happier. so before you go spouting off no's you should do some reasearch and not be such an ass to a person that is just trying to find a person who knows what going on.

You realize this is the Z110BT section and NOT the F900BT section right? if there has been any talk/activity going on relating to this 'ok' button, then vblue would DEFINITELY know about it. We all realize there are hacks for the F900BT. And aside from the cracked firmware update for z110bt, there ARE no mods/hacks, so actually.. he is RIGHT for saying NO...

• 5 months later...

Why would having to hit one "OK" button bother anyone in the first place? Maybe they will just invent an "Easy Button" you can hit every morning that is tied to turning your alarm clock off...That way you have killed two birds with one stone...A) You turn your alarm off...B) You have initiated the button that drastically simplifies your life and erradicates any possible "pet peave" situations you may encounter during the day...

Here are your options for NOT having to see or touch the "OK" button when you boot up the unit..

1) Leave it in A/V mode instead of NAV mode when you shut the car off...Then you won't have to hit that darn button until you go into NAV mode at some point..

2) Find a phillips head screwdriver, take your dash apart, remove the head unit, and buy one that does not have Navigation....Even mobile Garmins have the "Warning/OK" on first bootup...

That's a disclaimer so they are not responisble for your violent death on the highway when you are staring at their technology and not the road...You know somewhere in the world some greedy ass lawyer would jump all over the opportunity to sue Pioneer for some poor bastard dying on the freeway because he wasn't fully aware of the fact he shouldn't be updating his route while driving or that Pioneer allowed us to bypass that warning in the first place...

Peace ~ HFoM

My iphone sometimes will not show up unless I hit home and hit the ok button. It would be nice if it didn't come up. I haven't found it to be a deal breaker but it is not just required for navigation on my unit (130bt) unless somethings wrong with it.

• 1 month later...

I can tell you one reason having to hit the OK button is an issue. I'm disable and drive with a joystick system. I can't reach the dash and bought my AVIC Z2 because it allows me to do pretty much everything by voice. I can trigger the voice with an IR remote that is hooked up to a system I control with my head.

I do leave the AVIC on the AV screen and cause use all the audio and bluetooth. However I can only use the navigation if I get someone else to hit that damn "OK" button! I guess I could try a nerf dart gun.

the fact that there are drivers on the road like you scare me.

• 1 year later...

I have been looking into it, but it is way more difficult to find this than you could ever imagine.

It is definately obfuscated, but I cannot imagine that this was intentional by designers.

Originally, I tried finding refrence to the the string indices for the caution. I am 100% sure these strings are the ones (I know because I modded the strings and it shows the changes on the nag screen). Here is that thread: printing strings from language (.LNG) files

0823: CAUTION!

0824: This product provides Route Guidance information for reference purpose only. Rev

0825: OK

(those are in hex)

However, I only find about half of the strings im looking for referenced in the code. There are many strings (including) these which are using some other method (perhaps loaded by reference in Navi.rff menu file, etc?). So this has become a dead-end.

--------------

Anyhow, one interesting note, which is the current route that I am investigating, is that when there is an active route, the unit will bypass the warning screen and go straight to nav screen on startup.

I see this happens when USER\RW\PATH\ROUTESTG.DAT and USER\RW\PATH\PATHINF.DAT are present, and have the right flags/settings to indicate an active route in-progress.

So the next trick could be to try to determine what in these files indicates active route and then look for something in Navi.exe that is triggering this.