AVIC411.com

GTIMatt still around? Update mod to 3.0?

Hey guys.

I got a scion xb 2009 a few weeks ago. It has a double din space. Since, I've put in about 20 hours research trying to figure out a good affordable bt/nav choice; I've learned a lot but my brain is about to fall out.

Tell me:

Would it be dumb to get a F900BT for about $500 and count on the 3.0 update to make me happy? Or would it be wiser to spend the $750-$800 on a newer model? ..or other brand entirely at this point??

(I'm inclined to jump on the f900bt, but don't want to make a mistake)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys.

I got a scion xb 2009 a few weeks ago. It has a double din space. Since, I've put in about 20 hours research trying to figure out a good affordable bt/nav choice; I've learned a lot but my brain is about to fall out.

Tell me:

Would it be dumb to get a F900BT for about $500 and count on the 3.0 update to make me happy? Or would it be wiser to spend the $750-$800 on a newer model? ..or other brand entirely at this point??

(I'm inclined to jump on the f900bt, but don't want to make a mistake)

I would go with the f900bt, just be sure to purchase the upgrade from pioneer or get with some of the guy's on this website with the instructions of how to upgrade/mod it. With the teamwork on this site you will be glad to have the f900bt. :D

Hey Svopstal,

looks nice in the Emulator and is definately one of the cleanest and best mods AND it is tailored to the needs of European Users!

Have installed it and have some feedback for you:

1) I can't see the sky in the 3D view, do I need to add anything to sys.txt?

2) How do I toggle between north up, direction up and 3D while on a route?

3) When I get a speedcam warning and tap on it, it will cause the unit to reboot.

4) Tripcomputer is useless, it's not working 9 out of 10 times anyway. I would only use it,if it is reliable and the data is saved and continued on a reboot. (Just my opinion)

Good work so far, hope you get the fine tuning done as well. Maybe you want to open a own thread, as I'm sure there are a number of guys here in Europe waiting for this kind of improvement .

Jörg

Knipsel3sm.jpg

- added the tripcomputer.

- added housenumbers (to hide press road&house in bottom left corner).

- added simple euro speedlimit sign & turn restriction.

- added gps-status.

- added shortcut to TMC-messages.

- added control buttons in simulation-mode.

- moved the 'next street' to the bottom, placed it under 'current street'.

- settings shortcut under clock.

- large current speed (press in top-center region to show).

- did some small cosmetic changes.

Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/273526281/mymod.zip

Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/273702268/mymod.zip

Segler1963,

Thanks for your feedback.

This is only my first attempt of modding the data.zip, actually jr_00_22's data.zip. It definitly needs some fine tuning!

Until now, most of the work has been done on the emulator. Once I get my car back i will do some serious in-car testing.

Sven

Hi Sven,

unfortunately found a few more bugs:

1) When trying to get the current speed my system reboots

2) The clock is somewhat fxxxd up: Sometimes it gives only the hour like 22:33 comes out as 22:__, to me it look like a font size problem 22:41 came out correct, but 22:44 didn't.

I can't remember, but is it normal behaviour that we get signposts while not on a route?

Hope you get your car back soon, so you can look into it. Overall still a very nice one if you get it working. Mybe you want to have a look at IDT's Mod, he has some nice things like the Multiplan and the speed cam mod with spoken warnings. These are nice to haves and do not effect the clean look of your Mod.

See you

Jörg

Hi Sven,

thanks for your mod, its very nice and I will definitely stick with it when bugs are fixed. Bugs I've found so far:

1. I cant see sky in 3d mode and cant tilt screen enough to see it, could you post content of your sys.txt, I think we need also image file that you're using as sky background (or is it included in data.zip?).

2. I cant get current speed show clicking on upper part of screen, this is possible caused by previous bug (because sky isn't visible).

3. When I set bottom info screens at left corner that lower part shows distance to destination, distance and measurement unit overlaps, f.ex. when there's 2.5km left to destination, numbers "5" and letter "k" are on top of each other.

4. So far I haven't get trip computer to work at all, all values show zeros.

5. Button where you toggle between 3d and 2dmodes shows current view mode that's in use, in my opinion it would be more logical to show "next view", not current view.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey Svopstal,

Have installed it and have some feedback for you:

1) I can't see the sky in the 3D view, do I need to add anything to sys.txt?

i love the old GTI style, meaning that the whole screen is focused on information only. I dont understand why people like to see the sky so much in the navigation unit because you loose street information and street names are a lot less too.

maybe its just my opinion and my opinion only and i dont want to bash on anyone else.. but if i want to have a view of the sky, my car should be able to fly or something and there better be a couple of Taco Bells floating in the sky i can set a destination to (then sky-view would be useful right?). other then that i rather have as much information on the screen as possible. but thats just me, it floats my boat.

so Segler... you if make a GTI-like mod, please give us the option of having land-view and sky-view.