AVIC411.com

Anyone using a Palm Pre and an F Series??

Yes, I have this problem too. The worst part is that even if I change the audio via the Pre (to use the Pre's earpiece instead of the Pioneer BT) before I turn off the car, the call is STILL disconnected once I turn the car off. The only way to prevent this is to tell the person on the phone to hang on while you run and place the phone out of BT range, and THEN turn the car off... so the car can't send the hang-up signal to the phone.

And now a question for YOU, since you have a Pre too: Were you able to directly transfer your contacts from your Pre to your Pioneer? I can initiate the transfer on the Pioneer, but the Pre doesn't seem to have a way to actively send the contacts. The Pioneer seems to just hang there, waiting for the Pre to do something.

Yes I have successfully got my contacts to sync and I have probably close to 300. I get a message after pairing for permission to sync contacts. Now the procedure to get to it work I forget but I have for sure got it to sync twice. I will do it again tomorrow because I just had to do a full format on my system and I have not had a chance to re-sync them. Another way to prevent the hang up is I switch to speakerphone then just turn the bluetooth on the phone off then switch back to normal. (The only reason I switch to speaker is so I don't have to tell the person to hold on!)

this also happens with my iphone 3g running on 3.0.1

this only started happening after the upgrade in the pioneer unit. If i am on a call and start the unit up it will attempt to conncet to navi BT but i hear nothing i have to either restart the call or use the handset.

If you are having trouble transfering contacts w/ the pre, delete the phones profile from the head unit, then delete the Pioneer Navi profile off of the pre, then go about pairing the devices again. Go to Phone with the device connected, then choose phonebook transfer, hit ok and in a second or two you should be prompted on the pre to ask if you would like to give pioneer navi permission to transfer contacts, select yes and the transfer should start.