AVIC411.com

00 LS VSS wire

I just got my F90BT in the mail yesterday, still waiting on my wire harness to come in so I can get started on the install. I was wondering if anybody has found the VSS wire in a 00 Lincoln LS. From everything I've read, I think I know by heart where it is in the gen 2, but I haven't seen anything about the gen 1. I read somewhere on 12volt that if your radio has the auto speed sensing volume control (which mine does) then it should be a black & grey wire in the factory radio harness. Any help is much appreciated.

Sorry, I know where to find it on the gen II, but not the gen I. I believe that in the worst case, you can pick it up at the ABS controller under the hood. I think I've seen someone list which pin number and wire color before, but I can't correctly recall it from memory.

sorry i was reading you post on LVC from my blackberry while i was on vacation and just got back and was able to pull this off of Directech's websight

" Speed sence: white/red @ PCM, black plug, pin 26

Notes: The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is in the passenger side rear corner of the engine compartment."

always verify your wires with a multi-meter

using a digital multi meter set to AC voltage it should usually read around 1.0 - 5.0 volts while moving and zero while stopped, a lot of cars the voltage will stay the same while moving but the freq will change with a change in speed, alot of cheaper meters won't read freq, some will.