AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

These are pretty good and counting that there are no bugs I will release a MSN'less version too.

maybe if you modded everything from stock up then you can be proud of not having any bugs, using someone else's mod as a base and taking credit for it is a totally different story,

Diaftia, I have been a long-time lurker and in pretty much amazement of your programming and modding talents. I'm sure you have a silent following of admirers. (Pissdrunx is invited to slip back into his stupor and hopefully won't be heard from again - in the mean time, ignore the bad apple). Thank you for your time and sharing your work with the interested masses.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you everyone for the kind words many of you have expressed. It is good to know that there are people out there that enjoy the collective efforts that are being put together here.

Testing went well yesterday. I think I am getting a little more efficient at this coding thing. ;). I should be able to package all this stuff up and release when my son goes down for a nap today.

Thanks,

Alex

I really like the mod. The new cockpit view is awesome. The only feature I would like to see added to the cockpit view would be a mute button. Also, is there a way to have a button to switch from normal navigation view to overview, so you can either see current location or the full route plotted out?

Thanks again. A modest paypal donation is on the way.

Jim

Thanks for the donation Jim! Always appreciated.

Alex

I see the settings for smart zoom, but can I turn it off?

Unbelievable work! Donation to your paypal acct. forthcoming!

I also noticed that the option to toggle smart zoom off was gone, making it impossible to hold the horizon where you want it. Am I missing a setting somewhere, or did you do this for a purpose?

I appreciate the donation, John!

Thanks!

Alex

how do i switch between 2D, 2D head up and 3D map? I keep tapping the compass icon but it wont response. I tapped the 2 green square on the upper right corner and it sometimes switch but not all the time. What is the proper way to do this ? Thanks alot!

It works for me. You might need to calibrate your screen.

Hey diaftia, I was wondering if it were possible to make the time to destination and miles to destination boxes a little bigger. I know there isn't much room to work with but they are so small I sometimes press the wrong one while driving. It looks like you might be able to shave a little off the top box.

Also, is it possible to make it say AM/PM for those of us who have it set to the 12 hour clock. It's not that big a deal, but it makes it easier to distinguish between distance and time at quick glance.

10/10/09:

1. Turn restrictions toggle with default of off

2. Tilt/Zoom controls in 3D mode

3. Smart Zoom settings now include toggle for on/off

4. Signposts option of on/off/while navigating only (Stanislavovich change that he made to his last set of mods)

5. Added version with no MSN.

Can I just copy the latest Version (10/8/09) over that one from 10/5/09 without deleting the files described in step 16? Or do I have to delete that files everytime I install the latest versions from now?

I recommend you do this only when there are changes to the settings pages and the default options wheich there were in these versions. So in thise case yes. It is good practice anyway.

Are you interested in a german release of your mod? I would like to change your mod on my AVIC to a "as far as possible german" mod!

I dont speak German so whatever does not translate by setting the regional settings you are always welcome to change just as I have! I encourge you to do it!

Could it be, that I can't open and edit some images with Photoshop? I have changed different bitmaps, but tere are several, that are not shown in Windows Explorer and if I try to open them with any program (Photoshop / IrfanView / Paint / Windows Photo Gallery) there comes an error message "No valid bitmap format or filetype not supported." How do I edit those files? :?:

Use the ipaq image viewer to decode the files as mentioned. No need to reencode them.

I have another request: Could you please change the "wood" design on speedo? I think this does not fit to the whole mod and modern cars! If I change the icon "AJG_Wood.bmp" I have the problem, that in speedo-mode there appears a little "wood" stripe left and right of the image that stays in wood design? Or what else do I have to edit for that?

Feel free to use these extra backgrounds if you like:

Speedo.rar

As far as the wood strip you could use photoshop to color it solid or just remove it by putting a semicolon in front of that line in the speedometer800_480.ui file. To remove the stripe at the top remove the k_header_2.bmp line.

how do i switch between 2D, 2D head up and 3D map? I keep tapping the compass icon but it wont response. I tapped the 2 green square on the upper right corner and it sometimes switch but not all the time. What is the proper way to do this ? Thanks alot!

It works for me. You might need to calibrate your screen.

Agreed. Make sure you use the stylus that comes with the system when you do. You should be amazed at how light you have to touch things once you recalibrate.

Hey diaftia, I was wondering if it were possible to make the time to destination and miles to destination boxes a little bigger. I know there isn't much room to work with but they are so small I sometimes press the wrong one while driving. It looks like you might be able to shave a little off the top box.

Also, is it possible to make it say AM/PM for those of us who have it set to the 12 hour clock. It's not that big a deal, but it makes it easier to distinguish between distance and time at quick glance.

What I can do is make it so that the time to destination has an H, Min or Sec next to it for Hours, Minutes, Seconds. Because if the type of value the eta@destination is all I can do is make that have seconds after it. But that should hopefully help.

As far as making them bigger that is harder. That would involve making a new image for the background. I agree its not an ideal fingerpress. The only think I could do is remove the itinerary link and make the touch area bigger but that was added by request and I think it adds value.

Alex,

Looks Great!!! Finally the tilt stays where I leave it! I also love the new transparent turn box while route active. Lets you see more map and sky! Did you just leave the background box out? I love it!

Just two things...

1) In the NO MSN version, there is no mute or route cancel button. You must have dropped it. Doh!

2) What does the car in a circle that pops up with the tilt controls in 3D mode do or mean...Never had it with any other mods?

10/10/09:

1. Turn restrictions toggle with default of off

2. Tilt/Zoom controls in 3D mode

3. Smart Zoom settings now include toggle for on/off

4. Signposts option of on/off/while navigating only (Stanislavovich change that he made to his last set of mods)

5. Added version with no MSN.

Works great. Just loaded NoMSN version. No more smart zoom... :D

All of these mods you and IDT are making are just wonderful. I can't make up my mind which one I want to use. Keep up the good work and thank you all very much.

Alex,

Looks Great!!! Finally the tilt stays where I leave it! I also love the new transparent turn box while route active. Lets you see more map and sky! Did you just leave the background box out? I love it!

Just two things...

1) In the NO MSN version, there is no mute or route cancel button. You must have dropped it. Doh!

2) What does the car in a circle that pops up with the tilt controls in 3D mode do or mean...Never had it with any other mods?

I am running noMSN version also and the stop and mute is there on mine.