AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

MSN file: I just replaced my 700bt to a 910bt. I downloaded the MSN version into my 910 and I can not get my MSN direct to work. Before downloading the software and installing it, when I pushed my MSN icon it gave me the serial number to have when signing up for service. Now since I installed the new MOD and I push the icon it says "connecting to MSN direct", and then stays on that screen and nothing happens. The phone icon is not highlighted when on that screen but on other screens it is as its paired with my phone. I never had activated the MSN. Can someone tell me how to get my SSN for MSN back and why it will not connect?

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MSN file: I just replaced my 700bt to a 910bt. I downloaded the MSN version into my 910 and I can not get my MSN direct to work. Before downloading the software and installing it, when I pushed my MSN icon it gave me the serial number to have when signing up for service. Now since I installed the new MOD and I push the icon it says "connecting to MSN direct", and then stays on that screen and nothing happens. The phone icon is not highlighted when on that screen but on other screens it is as its paired with my phone. I never had activated the MSN. Can someone tell me how to get my SSN for MSN back and why it will not connect?

uninstall the mod by putting your old 'DATA.zip' file back. This has happened to a few of us already where it gets stuck on a screen when activating parts of the NAV. This mod should really be fixed or pulled as I have spent most of the day trying everything to get it to work and it does not!

Need help.

I just added my 3d car for the 3d map and it shows up, no problem. However, I still see the nose of the arrow peeking at me. I have adjusted the y axis of the command below I had to add with no luck. If I adjust the X axis, I see the changes. Is there maybe a way to turn off the arrow completely? I know that you didn't do the 3d car write-up. but I wanted to make sure something I did wasn't conflicting with your settings.

TIA

Are you deleting the IGO folder from the user/userdata folder first?

I tried this as well. No luck.

Abb, you said you have done other hacks on 3.0/3.1 right? Do you have a Data.zip file that has the software bypass as well as the cancel route button and mute button on the map? That's all I'm really looking for. This mod would be nice, but obviously it's not gonna work. If you have a Data.zip with these mods I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I put your mod on today and now I have a questions.

1. Is Samantha the only voice profile you have? When I pressed that choice, nothing happened. I use Samantha so it does not matter to me.

2. How do I block a road section (like during construction) then later unblock it? A search did not yield an answer.

3. I think I remember you saying you were going to fix the main POI search that others mentioned already as bringing up local POIs and not what was searched for. Is this in your next release?

Thanks.

This looks good but I may have to try a few different mods before I settle on one that has most everything I want without having to change much.

Is there anything else that needs to be done other than copying the Data.zip file to APL2/iGo folder? I changed some sounds in the file and copies it over and the system startup screen gets stuck. So then I tried using the original Data.zip file downloaded from page one without MSN (I'm using F700) and the system boots but when you go to the "Map" button, the system reboots itself. Am I missing something? Was there something else that I was supposed to do? Many thanks for all the hard work guys.

you need the font file that is associated with the mod. its in the zip file. the directions tell where to copy things.

alex

uninstall the mod by putting your old 'DATA.zip' file back. This has happened to a few of us already where it gets stuck on a screen when activating parts of the NAV. This mod should really be fixed or pulled as I have spent most of the day trying everything to get it to work and it does not!

Guys I am not sure what to tell you. There have been well over 200 downloads of my mods since 11/5. Almost 3 weeks later, when nothing has changed, new users are reporting problems. There are several users on here that have been 100% happy.

If you are rebooting did you copy the font files? there are two in the zip file and if you dont have them it will reboot.

If you are not getting MSN did you delete the save files? You can absolutely get to the MSN info via this mod.

If you are using a EU or 500 model did you edit the sys.txt to reflect this?

Is testmode disabled in the settings?

Please verify all the correct files are in place. If they are let me know exactly what is happening and I will do everything I can to help you.

The searching is a known problem and I am working on it. Should be good in the next version.

Are you deleting the IGO folder from the user/userdata folder first?

I tried this as well. No luck.

Abb, you said you have done other hacks on 3.0/3.1 right? Do you have a Data.zip file that has the software bypass as well as the cancel route button and mute button on the map? That's all I'm really looking for. This mod would be nice, but obviously it's not gonna work. If you have a Data.zip with these mods I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I use IDT's 2.0 mod and that has just about everything and then some including a tripcomputer you can have displayed right on the NAV screen. it is somewherees on this first page or you can download one of my theme packs (either red or green) and it has it included as well. Damn, I really did want this to work so I could test it and compare it to the others as well as that I can design it to work with all my themes as I have now done with IDT's mod.

Don't forget though, with the software hack, you still have to have the parking break wire grounded

you need the font file that is associated with the mod. its in the zip file. the directions tell where to copy things.

alex

No, I did not install Font files, I did not know that it was a requirement. Can I make a suggestion, Can you please put ALL the files required in the non-msn package as well as a lot of people dont use it (I can't in my area) or they have the 700BT that does not have it. This is what threw me off as when you only download one file, you figure that is all you need. Just a suggestion! I will try to install the Font files later and see if that solves the problem. Thanks

alex

No, I did not install Font files, I did not know that it was a requirement. Can I make a suggestion, Can you please put ALL the files required in the non-msn package as well as a lot of people dont use it (I can't in my area) or they have the 700BT that does not have it. This is what threw me off as when you only download one file, you figure that is all you need. Just a suggestion! I will try to install the Font files later and see if that solves the problem. Thanks

Fair enough. I will package it up as so on the next release. I had it so that if you don't want MSN then you need both downloads one being a delta of the other. Seems to be causing some confusion.

Alex

I put your mod on today and now I have a questions.

1. Is Samantha the only voice profile you have? When I pressed that choice, nothing happened. I use Samantha so it does not matter to me.

2. How do I block a road section (like during construction) then later unblock it? A search did not yield an answer.

3. I think I remember you saying you were going to fix the main POI search that others mentioned already as bringing up local POIs and not what was searched for. Is this in your next release?

Thanks.

This looks good but I may have to try a few different mods before I settle on one that has most everything I want without having to change much.

1. It does support more than on voice. It's actually a different setting than the one you found. I can't remember off the top of my head where it is, but it's in the settings. The one you found I think is under regional.

2. It's in the route menu. Go into the plan mode screen and click the target. It will add a block based on the position of the cursor.

3. My next release has this fixed. I was able to find the code that was causing the problem. I hope to have it released within the next couple of days. I just need to make sure it's solid first.

Alex

This may make me sound stupid but I can't find an easy way to add to my favorites after the latest mod. Before when you enter an address it brought you to a page where you could route, add to favorite, add waypoint, etc. Now it just routes as soon as you type the address. I was able to add a favorite finally by clicking on plan mode, clicking on the destination on the map, clicking on the red target thing, then adding to favorite but this seems to be a real round about way of doing it. Is there a easier way or an option to get that old menu back?

when adding a favorite it does it off the location of the cursor in the plan mode screen. Before you would click add favorite, then enter the address then save. Now you would go into plan mode, click address and make the location search. Then click the target and add to favorites.

A little shift in thinking on the usage. That is the way the add poi, pin and road blocks work too.

Hope this helps.

Alex

Don't forget though, with the software hack, you still have to have the parking break wire grounded

I don't have the parking brake wire grounded and my software mod does it all.

I don't think that is possible. Maybe you grounded the wire without realizing it or whoever installed it did, I have mine grounded through a switch and when I flip the switch, it tells me my parking brake wire is not grounded.

alex

Fair enough. I will package it up as so on the next release. I had it so that if you don't want MSN then you need both downloads one being a delta of the other. Seems to be causing some confusion.

Alex

That makes sense. I thought the only file I would need is the "non-msn" zip file. I will download the other zip as well and try to figure out what to do with it. Never criticizing anyone who spends their personal time to help everyone! Thanks for all your time and effort. Can't wait to get this working! :-)