AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

I know there are some incredibly intelligent people on here and Im sure most of them will consider this relatively simplistic, but...

This is an awesome set of mods but I sure do miss the "all in one" that had steps consisting of:

1) download the file

2) extract it to an SD card

3) boot off the SD card

4) copy everything from the SD dir A to destination dir A

5) copy everything from the SD dir B to destination dir B

6) reboot

Why does everything have to be so darn difficult? I mean, REALLY?

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know there are some incredibly intelligent people on here and Im sure most of them will consider this relatively simplistic, but...

This is an awesome set of mods but I sure do miss the "all in one" that had steps consisting of:

1) download the file

3) boot off the SD card

6) reboot

All of that is in the first post and in a word doc in the zip file you download. I am not sure what you are looking for other than this:

Also make sure you have a full back up of your FLASHDISK. Really, you are going to edit a lot of files here and it will be nice to go back if you want/need to.

ONCE SD card is in and your AVIC is booted into testmode:

1. Click Start - Programs, Explorer then click on SD Card

2. Click on Start Again - Programs - Explorer then click on My FlashDisk - you should now have 2 Explorer folders open in the quick start menu at the bottom of your windows screen.

3. Using the SD card window click on the folder called Copy and Paste to APl2-iGo.

4. Scroll your pointer over the 5 files titled "bnt.ttf", "DATA.zip", “Branding.zipâ€, “Digital.ttf†and "sys.txt" to select them all. If you want to show sky in the 3D map mode then edit out the semicolons in the [map] section of the sys.txt file before copying over to the AVIC.

5. Go up to EDIT at the top window click COPY

6. Go to the FLASHDISK explorer window at the bottom of the screen and open it

7. Navigate to APL2-iGo

8. Click EDIT at the top window and PASTE

9. When the prompt comes up asking you if you want to change files click the option that says "YES ALL" wait for it to copy files (because you made that backup right?)

10. Go back to your SD card explorer window hit the back button at top of the screen and then go to the folder titled "Copy and Paste in APL2-iGo-Content-Speedcam" and open it

11. Scroll and Copy 3 files here Red_Light_Camera_us.txt, Speed_Trap.txt, and SpeedcamUpdates.spud

12. Now switch back to your Flashdisk explorer window and now click on Content, Speedcams EDIT - PASTE - YES ALL (Really, you made that backup?)

13. Go back to your SD card explorer window hit the back button at top of the screen and then go to the folder titled "Copy and Paste in APL2-iGo-Content-SCHEME" and open it

14. Highlight and Copy 4 files here Pioneer_red_day.zip, Pioneer_red_night.bmp, Pioneer_blue_day.zip and Pioneer_blue_night.zip.

15. Now switch back to your Flashdisk explorer window and navigate to My FlashDisk/APL2/iGo/Content/SCHEME. Select EDIT - PASTE - YES ALL to copy the files to the MyFlashDisk/APL2/iGo/Content/SCHEME folder.

16. You need to delete the save files so that your settings are built fresh with these new mods. They are in “My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo\save. Everything should be deleted except for a favorites.dat file if you have one.

17. Power off your ignition to turn the AVIC off.

18. Pop out your SD CARD and then power back on to restart AVIC.

I am going to work on packaging the non-msn version a little neater the next release which I can hopefully package up tonight. But if you want to use the non-msn version, use everything in the main zip file PLUS the non-msn data.zip (overwrite it).

Alex

Hi Diaftia,

please remember keeping the "Traffic" button in non-MSN version!

I keep all files in the structure in the non-msn version. All I do is change the navigatemap800.ui file so that MSN is removed from being displayed. Otherwise they are the same. Should be very easy for you to add in since you are in the EU and need the traffic button added. If you tell me what you need that button to point to I can put it in there so all you have to do is remove the comment. I need what the onrelease= value would be for the button you want to add.

Hi Diaftia,

I keep all files in the structure in the non-msn version. All I do is change the navigatemap800.ui file so that MSN is removed from being displayed. Otherwise they are the same. Should be very easy for you to add in since you are in the EU and need the traffic button added. If you tell me what you need that button to point to I can put it in there so all you have to do is remove the comment. I need what the onrelease= value would be for the button you want to add.

Ok, what I need is very simple:

The onrelease must be the same as in the MSN version - I just need the traffic button (AJG_menu_4_4.bmp) with the original function of the MSN version! Bacause this function in EU is TMC function!

THX

1) download the file

3) boot off the SD card

6) reboot

Diaftia - cmh had a AO1 version that was pretty much dummy proof. Some people STILL figured out a way to mess up the install. cmh combined testmode with the zip to auto install.

Just my opinion, but if someone can't follow simple instructions to mod their unit then they probably should not be modding it. If something went wrong they probably would not have a clue how to get it working again and if they can't follow instructions then how will you instruct them on how to fix it.

Diaftia - cmh had a AO1 version that was pretty much dummy proof. Some people STILL figured out a way to mess up the install. cmh combined testmode with the zip to auto install.

Due to the fact that I (and I guess everyone else from Europe) always do some changes into sys.txt and I do some additional changes into date.zip (change some grephics, etc.), I don't think an auto install is such a good idea!!!

@dozer.hh

Um den gewünschten Button zu installieren, ich habe ihn seit mittlerweile 2 Monaten, ist ganz praktisch, mußt Du nur 2 Zeilen in der ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui verändern und das Bild tauschen, das wars!

Mehr will ich aber nicht verraten, wir wissen beide warum!

Hi Diaftia,

Ok, what I need is very simple:

The onrelease must be the same as in the MSN version - I just need the traffic button (AJG_menu_4_4.bmp) with the original function of the MSN version! Bacause this function in EU is TMC function!

THX

OK I am about to release but its all in there. You only need to edit the top level of the new menu. The menu is in there just commented out. So just go in and edit it. Very simple.

1) download the file

3) boot off the SD card

6) reboot

Yeah I remember that... it was a self extracting scripted install right? How did that work anyway? I am not even sure what he did to make that happen. Was it a custom written script?

Due to the fact that I (and I guess everyone else from Europe) always do some changes into sys.txt and I do some additional changes into date.zip (change some grephics, etc.), I don't think an auto install is such a good idea!!!

Good point. Really I am not too sure I want to invest time into something that really is going to offer no gain into the functionality of the mod. As it is I am at my limit on what I can accomplish with work and personal life. I cant remember the last time I was in bed before midnight. After I release this new mod I will probably do that for a bit. ;)

@dozer.hh

Um den gewünschten Button zu installieren, ich habe ihn seit mittlerweile 2 Monaten, ist ganz praktisch, mußt Du nur 2 Zeilen in der ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui verändern und das Bild tauschen, das wars!

Sounds easy, so I will have a look at it! ;-)

Mehr will ich aber nicht verraten, wir wissen beide warum!

Is this an allusion to what was happening at motor-talk.de?

OK I am about to release but its all in there. You only need to edit the top level of the new menu. The menu is in there just commented out. So just go in and edit it. Very simple.

Ok, this seems to be simmilar to what "111299" says! I think I will accomplish that!

Good point. Really I am not too sure I want to invest time into something that really is going to offer no gain into the functionality of the mod. As it is I am at my limit on what I can accomplish with work and personal life. I cant remember the last time I was in bed before midnight. After I release this new mod I will probably do that for a bit. ;)

Most of all don't slight your family!! :wink:

You're doing really great work on that mod and I can really imagine, how much time you spend with that!!

I have started a new thread for the next release since some people like this smaller menu. I will fix this version tonight so that the searches work again and it will most likely be my last update to this mod.

List of changes in that thread are:

• Toggle for illustrated text (freeway and exit signs can have logos).
    Toggle for solid or opaque backgrounds when navigating.
    Fix for when going 2d up not staying centered when signpost appears.
    Speedcam fix where disabling one would still show the distance to the speedcam.
    New menu system including adding a route section and new poi search icons and back button.
    New menu button when not in route.
    Brought back the cool speedometer screen (used the on-map version from IDT's mods) and added icon.
    New custom search button that goes directly to a search box and does a large radius search in all categories. From what I can tell it will go out at least 450 miles.
    Fixed the searching bug from the old version.
    Fixed a case where deleting a route while in simulate mode would put you on the route screen and would not let you leave.
    Screen off with time
    Current street can be set to on, off or when navigating now.
    Revamped settings screen so things are easier to find.

Bunch of other small things.

Here is the link to the new thread:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29404&start=0

Just to give you the heads up, the mod is still giving me memory issues. Even with your mod in stock. I did not receive an error message but constant restarts when hitting the home key, which again is a memory issue, as when memory is at an end, windows restarts. I am wondering if it is conflicting with another mod that I have in the system. The weird thing is that this is the ONLY NAV mod that has any memory issues with my mods. I have used DPHursts mods and ALL of IDT's mods with NO MEMORY ISSUES! I will try your new mod and keep you posted.