AVIC411.com

3.0 Retail, Official, Legit install experience

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, you just sound like a hater. NO clue what your issue is, but I happen to think this unit is pretty damn good now. If you hate it THAT MUCH, then sell it, throw it off a bridge and move on with your life, christ man. Is this in dash navigation unit really the biggest thing going on in your life? If so, I would suggest you go get one. Geesh.

I just installed the update last night... It really helps the unit tremendously... I still think it should have been a no charge item... I've had my F90BT for a year now, I don't regret it nearly as much after the 3.0 update...

Cranbers you realize you don't have to reply to everyone's rant right? Sorry to get you that worked up about it...

:mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add my experience, the install was simple and straightforward. No glitches at all.

The upgrade is amazing. The unit used to be so slow as to be unusable. Also, it would frequently (about 40% of the time) not connect to the iPod classic that is more or less permanently connected to it, requiring me or my passenger to take it out of the glove box, unplug it, and reconnect it. Now the response is lightening quick and in two days I haven't had to reconnect the iPod. The only thing that hasn't improved, as far as I can tell, is start-up time. Still quite slow. But this was totally worth the $80 I spent on the upgrade. I mean, it should have run this well before, but since it didn't, I'm stoked it does now.

Cheers,

Dr. James