AVIC411.com

"Invisible" iPod Touch on F90BT

Okay guys, some real weird stuff is going on.

Up to this point, everything has worked great with my iPod Touch 32GB on my F90BT. However, over the weekend, I took my iPod outta my glove box to put some new music on it. I can't remember if I updated it to the new 3.0 software before or after saturday, and the last time I remember the iPod working was Saturday morning.

So when I hooked my iPod up, I got - nothing. It won't show up on the menu at all. And yes, I have AV1 mode set to "iPod". It just has the USB icon grayed out. I double-checked and tested (keep reading) both the RCA connections and the USB connection and I can't get the iPod to show up at all anymore.

How I know the RCA connections are good is that I set AV1 mode to "AV1" or whatever, and then manually played a song on the iPod. Sound came out and sounded fine. So I know I have good signal through the RCA connection.s

Next, I checked the USB connection. It appears to be fine. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. The iPod makes the noise that it is connected whenever I plug it in, and it charges fine. So I think the USB connection is good too. But the dang thing won't show up on the flippin menu.

Anyone have any ideas? It was working fine before and now I can't get it to show up on the F90BT. Thanks in advance.

So, currently i have the 3.0 software on my iPod touch and I have NOT updated to firmware 2.006 on the F90BT (has 2.000 on it now).

• 3 weeks later...

Would love to know if anyone knows how to solve this. I've been having the exact same problem with both my 80GB iPod and my iPhone. USB drives play fine (so i know it's not the USB cable) and i've replaced the Pioneer cable with the Monster cable that people have discussed in other threads. The iPod does occasionally make an appearance and plays for a while, but those appearances are few and far between. Even when it does show up, i select a song and most likely it disappears...

HELP!

p.s. - i have an f700bt with the 2.0 firmware (which is another issue... can't get that updated - but that's another topic!)

I have an embarrassing confession to make. All I had to do was "restart" my iPod. I feel like such an idiot. It showed right up after I did it. I guess I figured that when I went to the 3.0 firmware (for the iPod) and it restarted, that a restart couldn't possibly fix it. But it did. If anyone is having a similar problem, try shutting down your iPod and restarting it.

True, that may get it to come back up but it doesn't always work (actually it works for less that 20% of the time). I restored my classic, put the newest software on it and plugged it back in. Came up without fanfair and life was grand... until...

I take it into work with me every day so i can listen to it while at my desk. Every day i leave, plug it back in to the cable and... nothing. I restart it, still nothing. I unplug it, restart it and plug it back in - nothing. I'm pretty sure that when i go back out to my truck tomorrow morning and start my commute, it'll be there and work fine but for some reason, it just doesn't like to work consistently.

Aggravating to say the least...

So thanks Lipschitz - glad yours is working! (: If i never took mine out of my truck, it'd probably never have this problem. However... :x

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here's an update...

I went ahead and bought the 3.0 firmware upgrade from Pioneer (wanted to update the maps anyway). Long story short, the issue still remains and, if anything, is worse than ever.

I'm thinking it's one of two things (or a combo of both): power from the USB just isn't cutting it or the unit doesn't know what to do with 75gb of data.

I've noticed that on the rare occasion that it does appear, if i want to change the album playing, the iPod will disappear shortly after changing the album. It's almost like the AVIC doesn't know how to handle that much data.

Off to call Pioneer for their thoughts....wish me luck.

-C