AVIC411.com

AVIC S1,S2 GUIDE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that easy as you think and it also take more time than you think..

I did it as soon as I had some time available.

http://rapidshare.com/files/289168613/winceimg4.rar

Now, every file/rom I made I checked myself on my AVIC S2 except this one, my AVIC S2 is dead, sent it to repair, so I cant check this rom, and guarantee it works. So if it doesn't please let me know.

Of course you can go to ppath.txt and change direction, takes 1 minutes, but after you turn it off you will have to do it again, with the ROM it won't loose those setting. I explained everything in the first page :wink:

have uploaded the rom to my device

works...PERFECT!!!! THANKS! :D

now I just press my "navigate" button, and garmin loads without a problem!

hooray! :)

if anyone would like to know how to install garmin mobile XT on the device, let me know :)

1 minor point: sound of voices is rather quiet, but maybe this can be patched too

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi I tried updating my avic-s2 as most of you have with no success. I am currently trying to get it back to it's original state and seem to be running into a problem. I have done the restore process and after that ,only the audio player and bluetooth icons are highlighted and the navigation isn't. When I pressed map it says "cannot find 'GS2Map' (or one of it's components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available." Is there anyone that can help me. If need I can give some payment if needed. Thanks

:cry::cry::(:(

HELP PLEASE I CAN'T SLEEP .

I have the avic s1 i can't set it work again by all your posts so this the all image of this prob

1 - i downloaded the 2 files ( winceimg.img and winceimg.bin )

2 - i unrared the files to the SDCARD not in a folder

3 - i insert the sdcard in my avic-s1 when the devis power off

4 - i turn it on and i see the black screen

5 - i press and hold menu botton and see the blue screen

6 - i chose [ 0=WINCE Upgrade --------> 3=WINCE by SD/MMC(format) ]

7 - finally i see WINCE Upgrade by SD then the device freeeeeeez

8 - i change the step NO [ 6 ] to 2=WINCE by SD/MMC and it freeeeeeez again

9 - then i try the other way to do so i change the step NO [ 6 ] to 3= OtherTools -----> 1=ROM Checksum

10- it desply that info

IPL+UBOOT Region

Checksum = 0x01e4939d

Image Region

Checksum = 0x7a83bf29

Any key to continue

now anyone can help me for this assue to restore the device

and tell me about what is the UBOOT Option ?

i get tired and can't sleep because i stay waiting your help

thanks for your time and for your help

:(:(:cry::cry:

The storage card needs to be empty, only the two files (winceimg.img and winceimg.bin) may be present, not any other files or folders, i did this too the first time that I upgraded my AVIC device, and my VIC tried to upgrade everything that was present on the storage-card, but this is not needed.

So put the only 2 files winceimg.img and winceimg.bin on the storagecard and upgrade again.

good luck

:!::!::!: thanks for your answer and am sure format the :arrow: sdcard befor i unzip the :arrow: two files in the storage card but it didn't work :!::!::!:

:idea: any way else to do this restoration ? :idea:

you send to me the answer i know it seem to be late but i got it

the memory card must be 2G or 1G but i try to with 4G card

sorry for my ununderstand

• 1 month later...

HELLO EVERYONE I HAVE A BIG HEADACHE BECAUSE MY FATHER BOUGHT ME A PIONEER AVICS2 GPS.EVERYTHING WAS FINE BUT I AM FROM ROMANIA AND I HAVENT THE MAP. SO I HAVE TRIED TO DO SOMETHING BY MY SELF SO I DID.I BROKE THE WINDOWS I THINK BECAUSE IT DOESNT APPEAR ANYMORE THE NAVIGATION BUTTON.I HAVE TRIED TO DO LIKE U GUYS SAY IN HERE BUT ...I DON'T KNOW WHY ITS NOT WORKING.PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME CAUSE I DON'T WANNA THROW IT TO RECYCLE BIN.I'M WAITING FOR REPLY PLEASSSEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! thank YOU VERY MUCH!

I HAVE INSTALLED THE ROM WICH IS ON THE SITE HERE, I HAVE PUT THE CD IN THE CD ROM AND THEN I CLICKED UPGRADE/RESTORE APPLICATION.THE PROCESS STARTED AND FINISHED SUCCESUFULY APP.I HAVE ALSO PRESSED UPGRADE/RESTORE MAP AND THE NAVI BUTTON HAD APPEARD BUT WHEN I PRESS IT SAYS HARDWAREIDERROR.

AND IN THE RIGHT CORNER WITH SMALL FONT WRITES PHONE END.

IF U CAN HELP ME I WOULD BE GREATFULL THANKS