AVIC411.com

Wifi + Internet browsing F500BT - Success!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Miotoo, why doesnt the image of the buy.com SD card look the same as in your unit..... different colors and different thicknesses (thickness appearance anyway...).... please verify when you get a moment, I want to make sure I order yours, as I can see its working...

Also, the wmwifirouter software shows my touch diamond cellphone as verified functional. Some I am getting close.

hey Miotoo, why doesnt the image of the buy.com SD card look the same as in your unit..... different colors and different thicknesses (thickness appearance anyway...).... please verify when you get a moment, I want to make sure I order yours, as I can see its working...

Also, the wmwifirouter software shows my touch diamond cellphone as verified functional. Some I am getting close.

Maybe you were looking at the mini-sd version. This is the correct one:

http://www.buy.com/prod/spectec-sdw821- ... 06321.html

http://www.amazon.com/Spectec-SDW-821-8 ... B000RLBDIA

post-34110-12872758555857_thumb.jpg

Hi miotoo, i don't have the wifi sd card, but i tryed to connect my usb dongle wifi (d-link dwl-122) but it seems to don't work... i even tryed using some drivers (for win ce, found on internet) but nothing happens because it don't install them... i even tryed to save the dll file in /windows, but nothing.

Have you any idea for it? :)

by the way, i tryed to start opera, then the hourglass appears and soon disappears, i have the avic F900bt Ver. 2.007000

Thank you

Is there anyway to tether the iPhone to get the internet connectivity? Maybe through bluetooth?

you need to jailbreak the iPhone to get it to tether. With the new 3.0 Iphone firmware its supposed to be a STANDARD feature be the end of the summer. Anyday now.

Wow! I am so excited about this, great work.

I'd really like to know/recommend "skyfire" as the browser. I used it on my wm phones and it worked like a charm, shows everything and even allows u to stream videos ...Could you test it out?

does "skyfire" work in WinCE environment?

Meanwhile back at the ranch..... I have ordered the Spectec SD WiFi Card. I've downloaded the software wmWifiRouter and I am closer to my carputer than ever before.

CARPUTER

Navigation "check"

gps "check"

audio "check"

video "check"

internet "check"

Large HD "check"

IPOD "check"

BT Phone "check"

add in IDT 3.0 improvements throughout....

I didnt expect to accomplish my Carputer in this way... I have a feeling this is going to grow from here

I'd really like to know/recommend "skyfire" as the browser. I used it on my wm phones and it worked like a charm, shows everything and even allows u to stream videos ...Could you test it out?

does "skyfire" work in WinCE environment

I was under the impression WinCE and WM are closely related, this is just from reading the forums and having people refrence using their wm devices like the AT&T tilt to run the avic software start up screen to check images/themes, soooo I'm talking out of my ( ( ). I used opera on my tilt until I found skyfire on xda-developers and it was way better due to the streaming capabilities, imo

Hi miotoo, i don't have the wifi sd card, but i tryed to connect my usb dongle wifi (d-link dwl-122) but it seems to don't work... i even tryed using some drivers (for win ce, found on internet) but nothing happens because it don't install them... i even tryed to save the dll file in /windows, but nothing.

Have you any idea for it? :)

by the way, i tryed to start opera, then the hourglass appears and soon disappears, i have the avic F900bt Ver. 2.007000

Thank you

Sorry, I haven't looked at the USB dongle option.

does "skyfire" work in WinCE environment?

I got it running in QVGA but stretching on our screen looks very bad. I'll continue after work...

Hi miotoo,

I tried using my palm wifi card, the unit just rebooted when I put the card in. ??

Here is a photo of the front and back of my card, - if you have a chance, could you let me know what you think; if it can be used with the f90?

Thank you very much!

ic

palm_wifi_card.jpg

Hi miotoo,

I tried using my palm wifi card, the unit just rebooted when I put the card in. ??

Here is a photo of the front and back of my card, - if you have a chance, could you let me know what you think; if it can be used with the f90?

Thank you very much!

ic

Your card is a Sychip based card of an older generation (802.11b) and unfortunately only has drivers for older versions of windows mobile/pocket pc, namely PPC 2002 & PPC 2003. It was also sold as a Sandisk Connect SDWSDB-000 and Viewsonic 802.11b SDIO Card.

Hi guys,

Here's what I did to get internet going on my F500BT with the Spectec SDW-821. ....................................................................................................That's it!

Miotoo, thank you for this endeavor.. actually this thread should be jump'n

Will WinCE allow use of Google maps software and access the GPS feed.... inother words, can we display google maps with gps position...... fingers crossed........the thought of google in satellite view on my avic is so awesome.......please say yes - please say yes........