AVIC411.com

Wifi + Internet browsing F500BT - Success!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Miotoo

First of; Excellent Work with your internet mod!

I am trying your mod on my F900BT but I want to implement some changes of my own. First of all I have Opera running on top of the AVIC software by pressing a custom icon on the navigation screen. Mortscript copys the nescessairy files and executes Opera executable. Opera is the new active window and appears on top op Navi program. IGO command explained in thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25223&p=171106&hilit=resinfo#p171106

Problem with this way of running Opera is that the Windows CE virtual keyboard doesn't pop u when a text input control gets focus. I have found another virtual keyboard application called JOTKBD.EXE found in the latest Mio Pocket release at GPSPassion: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topi ... _ID=109690. This virtual keyboard can be set to cover almost the whole screen by modifying its registry settings through mortscript.

At first I wanted to program Mortscript to monitor text input controls (like AutoIt does). Starting the JOTKBD.EXE program whenever an input field gets focus. Sadly Mortscript does not support this feature. Typing becomes impossible because there is no way to start the JOTKBD.EXE application when Opera is running on top of the AVIC software.

A great solution for this would be to change the hardwarekeys (joystick) of the unit so that the UP hardwarekey will start the JOTKBD application and the downhardwarekey will kill the JOTKBD.EXE proces. This way you can use opera with great ease. Start internetexplorer from navigation screen. Whenever there is need to type text, press the UP key on the joystick and input text through touchscreen with almost fullscreen keyboard. Remove keyboard by pressing DOWN key. And ofcource all this while your music keeps playing.

Everything is working exept for the new keyboard. All I need to do is start JOTKBD.EXE when hardwarekey UP is clicked. I have noticed that the normal hardware UP action is tilting and/or zooming the map. If I can embed the starting of JOTKBD in the script that normally runs, the new keyboard would be fully functional.

Unfortunately I can't seem to figure out how the hardware keys work together with IGO script. Does anyone know how this can be done?

PS

I have already tried 3rd party hardwarebutton modification software like powerbutton and AE Button, but it seems that Windows CE has no direct control over them.

There are also some settings in the keybind.txt file in folder config from data.zip. They can be used to change the IGO hardwarebuttons presets, but I just can't figure out how it all works together.

I was successful in using the keybind.txt file to alter functionality ONLY when running the igo 8.3 pda version in test mode. This leads me to believe the Pioneer shell works together with ezrider.exe to send the key-press hook data and disregards any entries in the file (in fact you can remove it completely from data.zip and the software/keys work just fine).

In any case, here are the values I found, for the F500 device:

KEYBIND CODES:

JOYSTICK UP A6

JOYSTICK DOWN A8

JOYSTICK LEFT D5

JOYSTICK RIGHT A7

ENTER 8D

JOG LEFT AE

JOG RIGHT AF

MENU C4

MAP C3

If you don't mind, please share your modified data.zip with the scripts etc to run opera from the shell, so others can test it out and maybe contribute to this thread.

Thanks

@Miotoo

I am trying your mod on my F900BT but I want to implement some changes of my own. First of all I have Opera running on top of the AVIC....

I'm very happy to read your post! I'm still shopping for an F-series unit right now, but I'll be playing with the wifi option in the future. Specifically, I'd like to install a software app that will keep an mp3 folder synced with a folder on my home network ... so I can just drop mp3s in to a folder at home using a laptop and have them appear on the pioneer's sd car. And/or install a podcast agregator on the pioneer so I can get fresh podcasts autosynced.

It would be nice if there were an sd card with 802.11n wifi, but I don't see any on the web.

P.S. I'd be good if someone you) made a WIFI hack thread in the F-Series Hacks forum; we need one.

@Miotoo

An update and a problem. I have found a way to get the keyboard to pop up in Windows CE. It is a program called Hotkey that was included in the latest MioPocket release. The UP key has command 166 and the DOWN key has command 168. When I press the UP key, a mortscript starts the JOTKBD keyboard almost fullscreen. When I press the DOWN key, a mortscript kills the JOTKBD proces.

However when I boot into the pioneer software, the hotkey application does not respond. It seems like the Navi program captures the keypresses and does not allow other applications to see them. I am looking for a way arround this problem.

Another problem; my Spectec SDW-821 SDIO Wifi card came in today and I tried to get it working. Unfortunately the directions in the first post do not seem to work. I have installed the driver CAB file but when I insert the Wifi card, nothing happens. After that I tried the USB files but again nothing happens when I insert the Wifi card.

Am I missing something or is the F900BT unit not compattible with this Wifi card?

@Miotoo

An update and a problem. I have found a way to get the keyboard to pop up in Windows CE. It is a program called Hotkey that was included in the latest MioPocket release. The UP key has command 166 and the DOWN key has command 168. When I press the UP key, a mortscript starts the JOTKBD keyboard almost fullscreen. When I press the DOWN key, a mortscript kills the JOTKBD proces.

However when I boot into the pioneer software, the hotkey application does not respond. It seems like the Navi program captures the keypresses and does not allow other applications to see them. I am looking for a way arround this problem.

Another problem; my Spectec SDW-821 SDIO Wifi card came in today and I tried to get it working. Unfortunately the directions in the first post do not seem to work. I have installed the driver CAB file but when I insert the Wifi card, nothing happens. After that I tried the USB files but again nothing happens when I insert the Wifi card.

Am I missing something or is the F900BT unit not compattible with this Wifi card?

Indeed the Pioneer shell handles the keypresses directly with ezrider.exe. I have not found a way around this yet.

About the Spectec card, only thing I can think of is that the wince image on your device does not have all the required network files/reg settings to launch wzc. I have tested it working on 6.0.5.0 & 6.5.0.6.

Which PLT version is on your device? If we unpack the wince image and find whats missing, we can try to add the missing files and entries with mortscript.

Maybe someone with a device other then the F500BT can respond on this thread whether its working for them and if yes, with which wince version..

@miotoo,

Many thanks for your post.

Toxit, I have received my spectec card friday and I have followed the steps indicated by miotoo. I was able to connect my F500BT to the Internet. I used Opera mobile and the drivers from the rapidshare link indicated by miotoo.

I did that only when the unit is in testmode. I put a button in the navigation menu to access opera and indeed I had the same problem as you discussed here: the keyboard. But if I access explorer instead of Opera and I bring up the WIN CE keyboard, then I can launch opera from explorer. I know it is not an elegant solution, but it is just a workaround until we find a better solution.

So I want you to confirm that Opera and the spectec driver worked for me, but only in testmode. Curiously, once I installed the driver in my unit, it was erased from my SD card. So , every time I want to use Internet, I have to install that CAB again.

Here is my button for explorer. I will make one for the Opera.

Can you explain to me how mortscript works with pioneer? What are the steps to update the WINCE registry?

Thank you again both of you.

746_32K_MN-900_32b.rar