AVIC411.com

Wifi + Internet browsing F500BT - Success!

Maybe someone with a device other then the F500BT can respond on this thread whether its working for them and if yes, with which wince version..

Works fine for me with F90BT and 3.0 (Official) update... Will have to check which WinCE version that is.

Mind you, I always launch my Spectec 802.11g with MortScript from explorer directly, so the soft input panel will pop up when Zero Config needs the network, SSID, etc. This is with Pioneer shell mode, I'm not using Testmode anymore except when I need to update DATA.zip or any files normally in use by the programs in the APL or APL2 folders.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curiously, once I installed the driver in my unit, it was erased from my SD card. So , every time I want to use Internet, I have to install that CAB again.

That is a standard wince install behavior, just set the cab file 'Read-only' attribute and it will remain on the source after install.

I took a look at the latest Mio Pocket release again and I found a folder called WLAN. The WLAN folder contains some DLL files that I don't have in my Windows CE folder. The files are;

- cxpotr.dll

- eap.dll

- eapol.dll

- ethman.dll

- ndisuio.dll

- netui.dll

- secur32.dll

- WLAN11b.dll

- WLAN11g.dll

- wlclient.dll

- wzcsapi.dll

- wzcsvc.dll

When I read through the CopyTool.mscr file of the USB Testmode file posted by Miotoo on the first page of this thread, I see registry keys linked to those files. I will try to copy these files into my Windows folder and try to insert the card again. Unfortunately I am at work now so I can't try this now.

Can someone who has the card working please give me the contents of their windows folder so I can compare with my own to see what else I could be missing?

As for the step by step tutorial, I will post all my files and instructions how to use them as soon as I have everything running. For now I can only give the files that I used to get the keyboard to work with the UP and DOWN hardwarekeys under Windows CE. Note that this does NOT work under Pioneer Shell yet!

In the attached file you will find the Hotkey program and the Keyboard program. Copy those two folders into the "\My Flash Disk\APL3\" folder. Run the Hotkey application and your hardware keyboard should work. If you want your files in other locations; modify the Hotkey.ini, KayboardON.mscr and KeyboardOFF.mscr files.

Hardware Keyboard.rar

I have tried copying the DLL files to my windows folder only to find out that the files are already there but not visible with windows explorer. After inserting the card, no reaction. I tried installing the driver CAB with the CopyTool.mscr registry edits and the Mio Pocket WLAN files with the driver CAB and with the CopyTool.mscr registry entries, but nothing seems to work.

What I do see is that when I insert my normal SD card after de the SDIO WLAN card, the unit does not recognize the normal SD card anymore. This leads me to believe that the card gets detected, but like Miotoo said, my Windows version is not able to launch the configuration utility.

Where can I find my PLT version number?

The utility to configure the Wifi card is it a stand alone application or is it coded inside the wlan driver DLL file?

Is everyone who has installed this mod succesfully running the 3.0 firmware update?

The utility to configure the Wifi card is it a stand alone application or is it coded inside the wlan driver DLL file?

Ethman is the utility I'm using to add the Zero Config information once the card is inserted. If you don't have the following lines in your .mscr, then the registry won't have the key to tell it to pop up when you insert the card:

#####
# [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Builtin\Ethman\Popup]
# Popup=1
# Timeout=3600 (or 0xE10)
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "Drivers\Builtin\Ethman\Popup", "Popup", 1)
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "Drivers\Builtin\Ethman\Popup", "Timeout", 3600)

You'll need some sort of input panel solution (Soft Input Panel or the Keyboard hack Toxit came up with) in order to enter your WEP/WPA keys (if necessary). You should be able to use the stylus to select your SSID if it's broadcast by the router, if it's hidden you'll need the SIP/Keyboard again to type it in.

Is everyone who has installed this mod successfully running the 3.0 firmware update?

I am running the "official" 3.0 update from Pioneer on my F90BT.

I remember back 5+ years ago I saw sdio cards (sd wifi cards) WITH built in memory. I went googling for them and came up pretty much empty handed. I did see this model:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Connect-2 ... roduct_top

It's 256 megs and 802.11b in 2003.

DON"T GET THIS CARD. It is very old with old drivers and not 802.11g. I'm just showing it to show there are or were sdio cards with built in memory.

It may be a mute point because I can't find any, it looks they went the way of the dodo as pocket pcs did.

I remember back 5+ years ago I saw sdio cards (sd wifi cards) WITH built in memory. I went googling for them and came up pretty much empty handed. I did see this model:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Connect-2 ... roduct_top

It's 256 megs and 802.11b in 2003.

DON"T GET THIS CARD. It is very old with old drivers and not 802.11g. I'm just showing it to show there are or were sdio cards with built in memory.

It may be a mute point because I can't find any, it looks they went the way of the dodo as pocket pcs did.

http://www.eye.fi/

I almost brought up the eye-fi and how it was NOT a solution, but pondered, because that would be two mute points I made. I was trying to figure out if the eye-fi could be used as a wireless card, but it looks like it can't, though I'm just short of conclusive on figuring that out.

I'd like to get a USB 802.11N[/N] stick to work with the F Series. I don't imagine there are a whole lot of USB wifi sticks with WINCE drivers though (think about it).

I'm hoping to figure out an angle to discover a generic driver the works with some USB stick. Unfortunately, I've had problems being brilliant lately.

huh, it crossed my mind to google '802.11n wince' and I found this

http://www.ambicom.com/prod_detail.php? ... 0Solutions

wonder what their return policy is :)

any reason this item shouldn't work even though it has drivers for wince?

(802.11N is important to me because if we're going to sync with my car in the driveway we'll need the range N provides)

It looks the WINCE drivers for the WL250N-USB Wireless-N are not freely downloadable. I'll try to find another.

Random thought:

Will the F-Series WINCE OS see two USB sticks if a powered(or not powered) USB Hub is used?

(could probably put the sdio card on the USB via an adapter, and also have a usb stick or portable laptop drive on the other and still have the sd card slot free)