AVIC411.com

Wifi + Internet browsing F500BT - Success!

I don`t understand what is the meaning of to have wifi internet on device if you can not use with navigation. I mean i need to get in testmode for get internet it is unuseable to swich SD card for navigation and internet. If it is possible to get button on main menu and get access to testmode or opera it could be a perfect solution.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah........ google maps works with almost all current windows platforms. I am aware of it functionng in CE. In windows mobile the google map software is pretty common (cellphones)

Miotoo, thank you for this endeavor.. actually this thread should be jump'n

Will WinCE allow use of Google maps software and access the GPS feed.... inother words, can we display google maps with gps position...... fingers crossed........the thought of google in satellite view on my avic is so awesome.......please say yes - please say yes........

I doubt google maps as the windows mobile application it is today, will be able to run on our devices but I'll be happy to stand corrected!

yeah........ google maps works with almost all current windows platforms. I am aware of it functionng in CE. In windows mobile the google map software is pretty common (cellphones)

Yeah, it's nice when the CAB install method actually works, which it doesn't on the AVIC. Tried both Google Maps CAB installer and copying the "Application Data" and "Program Files" directories for Google Maps off my WinMo 6.1 phone onto an SD card and running from my AVIC in both Testmode and normal boot. In both cases, WinCE complained that the EXE was not a valid WinCE application. Might be missing required registry entries, but it may also be just as likely that the WinCE image Pioneer created is missing some important DLLs or APIs.

has anyone tried to create an activesync connection to an avic?

If someone (sucessfully) installs a cab that changes the registry, does the avic store the registry changes, or fortget them on reboot?

Is there that specializes in 'portable' wince programs like there are for portable windows programs? I spent about a half hour searching but came up empty handed.

has anyone tried to create an activesync connection to an avic?

Activesync works out of the box with F500BT in testmode. Just need to change the USB port setting to serial in control panel.

If someone (sucessfully) installs a cab that changes the registry, does the avic store the registry changes, or fortget them on reboot?

Gone at reboot.

Is there that specializes in 'portable' wince programs like there are for portable windows programs? I spent about a half hour searching but came up empty handed.

What do you mean?

a portable app is a program that doesn't have to first be installed. You just double click it and it runs. Apparently they run not needing any DDLs or registry changes (or I suppose some might add them when launching the program). You probably knew all of that.

It would be nice to find a site that offered portable apps for wince, because registry entries disappear at reboot, and such issues.

I hope I can continue to ask you a stream of close-ended questions that largely typically have short yes/no responses so I can get up to speed and tinker more fruitfully. Here I go.

Has anyone yet tried to make a wireless activesync connection?

what version was wince before the wince upgrade (the one I did before installing the 3.0 software), and what version after?

If I send you a USB to SD adapter (lets you slide in a sd card and connect to a usb port), would you test to see if WIFI works when plugged in through the usb cable?

a portable app is a program that doesn't have to first be installed. You just double click it and it runs. Apparently they run not needing any DDLs or registry changes (or I suppose some might add them when launching the program). You probably knew all of that.

It would be nice to find a site that offered portable apps for wince, because registry entries disappear at reboot, and such issues.

Won't exist because each device implementation of wince is a tailored built build. Windows mobile is however a full standardized OS across devices. Might as well try to run the portable WM app on our device directly.

Has anyone yet tried to make a wireless activesync connection?

Won't work out of the box as activesync is set up to use serial usb. MIGHT work with some registry tinkering.

what version was wince before the wince upgrade (the one I did before installing the 3.0 software), and what version after?

It's always CE 5.0, different builds per device/revision as mentioned above.

If I send you a USB to SD adapter (lets you slide in a sd card and connect to a usb port), would you test to see if WIFI works when plugged in through the usb cable?

I'm guessing you mean an adapter commonly used for SD memory cards? That won't work. If any, it needs to be a USB SDIO host adapter which A. If exists would be very uncommon and B. Would need to have a windows mobile driver that hopefully can be patched to work with a unique wince build..

A short update on internet browsing on the F900bt; I have received my Spectec SDW820 SDIO card and this card works on the F900bt. Where the SDW821 is not recognised by the F900bt, the SDW820 is and the configuration utility pops up after inserting the card.

I can connect to the Wifi network created on my mobile phone with the program WMWifiRouter. It connects and the internet connection works. I have tried Opera to browse the internet, but it is realy slow. The Wifi connection keeps reinitialising and it takes up to 5 minutes to load a website. Has anyone else experienced this?

In my search for solutions on the slow connection I found a working version of NetFront. NetFront has some advantages over Opera as it does not require files to be copied as it runs out of a directory stored anywhere and it gives the possibility to scroll through websites that are to big to fit the screen by use of the touchscreen.

So what I need to do next is find a way for the JOTKBD keyboard to pop up under the Pioneer Shell and solve the slow connection problem and we have a working internet solution on the F900bt running under the Pioneer Shell.

very exciting future. Wonderful.

But i wanna know something, where can you use wifi internet? in my country it is possible just for home or maybe some hotels or some shopping centers. In your country wifi internet connection can be found everywhere? For example roads?

i will order this SDW-821 card from USA. In which internet site can i find it cheaper?

But i wanna know something, where can you use wifi internet? in my country it is possible just for home or maybe some hotels or some shopping centers. In your country wifi internet connection can be found everywhere? For example roads?

i will order this SDW-821 card from USA. In which internet site can i find it cheaper?

Tether it to your cell phone..

I have used my cellphone as a modem and driven hundreds of miles with the internet connection. But i had no navigation or anything "pioneer" during that time. we just need some of the great minds out there to get them simultaneously (navi and web), or at least be able to browse and not leave the pioneer environment