AVIC411.com

Wifi + Internet browsing F500BT - Success!

does the newest itouch work with the f series' ipod cable? I'm not talking about the wifi side. I'm talking about the standard operation. I believe better iphone/itouch/ipod compatibility is one of the few HARDWARE changes in newer X series. If the new itouches work with the F series I could use it normally and use the wifi hack. That would be worth it for me.

Anyone know?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things would make this mod unbelievable: 1) A soft button on the AVIC screen so you dont have to go into testmode 2) capabilities of tethering to an iphone, cuz it is very seldom that you are driving and around a hotspot when you need it.

Two things would make this mod unbelievable: 1) A soft button on the AVIC screen so you dont have to go into testmode 2) capabilities of tethering to an iphone, cuz it is very seldom that you are driving and around a hotspot when you need it.

You may want to look into this.

http://www.junefabrics.com/iphone/index.php

I tried a couple months ago and I was not able to get it to work. but I wasnt' able to spend much time trying, others have claimed it works great. So it may work for you.

I don't know why he'd want a ball-n-chain-of-a keyboard in his car either, but that response did not answer his question.

I don't know what's the matter with a bunch of people on this board. Also, those who respond with "USE THE SEARCH!" stfu. You are just padding the threads even more making it harder for those trying

to use the search to find their answer. Ironic, huh? Perhaps if a question was answered more than once in the history of time somebody could find the answer by themselves using search?

I don't know why he'd want a ball-n-chain-of-a keyboard in his car either, but that response did not answer his question.

I don't know what's the matter with a bunch of people on this board. Also, those who respond with "USE THE SEARCH!" stfu. You are just padding the threads even more making it harder for those trying

to use the search to find their answer. Ironic, huh? Perhaps if a question was answered more than once in the history of time somebody could find the answer by themselves using search?

Quoted for hypocrisy.

Quoted for hypocrisy.

Wow, youre a real winner. Can everyone feel his power radiating? Good luck intellectu8ally cornering me in your tiny tiny world. Too much irony on this board. Wiretap has perhaps been the only person on this board benificial to me, save the persons who have made the hacks and posted them. So I guess I'm supposed to let his tiny abuse slide because of that? Another is I encourage questions, but just saw a guy asking guy asking a question. Someone responded saying it was covered in the first post of the thread, and it was. I was going to answer his question, but the best answer was in the first thread.

There's something wrong with this board.

next loser will say: "then why don't you just leave"

Wow, youre a real winner. Can everyone feel his power radiating? Good luck intellectu8ally cornering me in your tiny tiny world. Too much irony on this board. Wiretap has perhaps been the only person on this board benificial to me, save the persons who have made the hacks and posted them. So I guess I'm supposed to let his tiny abuse slide because of that? Another is I encourage questions, but just saw a guy asking guy asking a question. Someone responded saying it was covered in the first post of the thread, and it was. I was going to answer his question, but the best answer was in the first thread.

There's something wrong with this board.

next loser will say: "then why don't you just leave"

stop-whining.jpg

It would be nice if the units bluetooth could be paired with one of these small Logitech Bluetooth Keyboards...

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keybo ... 8&cl=us,en

Sadly the Bluetooth in our AVICs isn't a full-featured one, it's a phone and serial port only device made by Parrot. It looks like the Navi board communicates with the Bluetooth module over a serial or USB connection and uses Parrot's DLL/driver to run the board, rather than a full Bluetooth stack that can talk to HID devices.

• 3 months later...

I couldnt find the answer really on all posts.

Can you use a wm phone with Hspda/gprs internet on the Avic via the USB cable?? So without using the wifi card.

Tried several things but nothing happens.

Sorry if the question is stupid but couldnt work it out here.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting thread... :)

I was wondering if anyone knows if when the iPhone is connected via the cable can it send/receive TCP/IP traffic to the unit?

This could mean we could just setup opera to use a proxy on the ip address of the [jailbroken] iphone to get to the internet. The advantage of that method would be that we would not need a wifi adapter..