AVIC411.com

Region hack??

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Hemiuk

Do you have the Z110BT as well... what are you doing about the MAP issue then.. Just using the other media facilities and not using map at all?

No sorry I have the UK version AVIC-F10BT so I dont have the mapping issues, I did speak to a Pioneer tech and he said that the Z110 will not aquire the europe satalites I had this with someone else on here who said they would but having had a N1 it didnt work even with the UK maps so I think there will be some dissapointed people out there in 441 land, my original question was to do with the DVD play back regions I have a lot of DVD's from the states and still cant belive that Pioneer regionalise the DVD's on their units :twisted:

GD... Flag ship product doesn't mean - beats or equals all features on our competitors...

Anyway - where did you buy your AVIC-F10BT from and how much??

I paid $1700 in California and I will just get the F10BT and sell the Z110BT on ebay or something.. :-)

Hi I got mine from Huets audio in Brighton East Sussex, and the cost was £1280.00 thats supply only not fitted. I was lucky enough to get one of only 50 that came in to the UK. I hope this helps you

Hey Thanks... I just sent them an email and some offered to buy my unit too... Although the UK version is WAY more expensive than the US one... :-(

Hi Gino I spoke to Peter today and he said that you had been in touch, now he said he's looking into a work around for you Z110 :shock: I think he said it would be for the sat nav not sure about the DVD region side of things though so keep watching 8)

Yes I did speak to him.. said the DVD thing might be sortable too... If so I will be so happy...

Thanks for your help too...

Not a problem Gino, thats what were here for, not only that if he thinks your DVD region is sortable, then mine might be too :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, i got a little experience changing DVD region settings on some drives.... The problem with this radio MOST likely is only the DRIVE used in it... Some CD and DVD drives will accept a "flash" by just inserting the flash in to the drive and rebooting it... ( I am NOT TALKING ABOUT FLASHING THE RADIO!!) just the CD/DVD drive.. that i know no one has taking the unit apart and see if they could use another drive instead of the original (ONE THAT IS UNLOCK) or a drive with your REGION CODE... but if someone gets the spec’s of the drive you could ask at the web….CDFREAKS they been modding drives for a while